how to install hks actuator?

123*stumpy

Untrusted Seller
can anyone help me with this? standard actuator has 2 ports, hks has one? what pipe do i connect to the one port? the one off the turbo or the one off the hi lo?

AdamB

Member +
Ditch the stock hi lo solenoid and just run a short piece of vac hose from the actuator port to the compressor nipple :)

AdamB

Member +
but would it work if i routed it that way?

The solenoid won't work no, but who cares? Your only losing out on switching to low boost anyway. Running it that way will just run constantly in high boost, unless you have a boost controller.

Texx

Super Moderator
Yes, you can still use the hi/low boost function with the HKS actuator, the 4E-FTE specific kit comes with a hose T piece so you can plumb the solenoid back in.

The T piece goes between the turbo compressor nipple and the HKS actuator, the take off hose connects to the hi/low boost solenoid and the other hose from the boost solenoid is connected back into the air intake between the air filter and turbo inlet (the stock EFI pipe has a nipple for this hose. If you no longer have the stock EFI pipe installed, then you would need to attach some form of mini air filter to the end of this hose). The solenoid needs to be in hi boost mode when you start adjusting the actuator.

Personally though I wouldn't bother plumbing the hi/low boost solenoid back in and just link a hose straight between the HKS actuator and turbo compressor nipple.