how to notify a lsd gearbox

KING-EP82

Member +
bought another stalet no so long ago, wanted to know whether its got a lsd gearbox in it, how do i go about finding out?

Glanza24

Member +
Jack up the front of the car and spin one wheel and if the other one spins the same way you got an lsd but if the other wheel spins the oppisite way you have a standard sd!! Has been covered a million times mate!!

corofin12345

Member +
sorry to hijack but is there any way to tell when its out of the car??

Rob

if you have a inner cv joint handy stick it into the box and turn and if the other side turns the same way then you have an lsd fitted.. another thing... when you look through the box wher the shafts go can you see a bar inside???

billybob

Untrusted Seller
x2 when you look through the box wher the shafts go you see a bar inside thats means its a standerd diff not lsd

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Surely you can clearly feel the LSD when pushing the car? You can feel it physically locking. If you cant then do a nice dirty burn out and see how many consistent black lines you leave.

corofin12345

Member +
I was under the impression it told you on the Vin plate/plaque?? if it states a certain letter/number??

i would of said that mate but god knows how many engines and gearboxes have gone into these cars over the years...

on the other hand if the trans number on the vin plate says; Trans : C56-02B the car original came with and oem lsd.. Trans : C56-02A is the non lsd model

mr2 rev3

Member +
i would of said that mate but god knows how many engines and gearboxes have gone into these cars over the years...

very true

on the other hand if the trans number on the vin plate says; Trans : C56-02B the car original came with and oem lsd.. Trans : C56-02A is the non lsd model

there you go,top man:rockon:

rob_bower

Member +

now im confused mine says C52-522!?!?!?! oh well i'll just check the box next time im down!!

corofin12345

Member +
just revert back to checking the gearbox mate.. that trans code is for the starlet sr... if it has a bar in the box where the shafts go it a standard diff