how to open a td04 need help ??? it just wont open :(

djindiano

Member +
i did look at that a 100 times i put wd40 and left it for a day and it sill wont come apart and i hit it with a hammer to and nun happend ????

Mark-ep91

Member +
when u take off the clip did you try using a hammer and a flathead screw driver on the join?
i had to do this for my ct9 that i took apart hammer it in and work ur way around the turbo easing it out a mm at a time and it should come off no bothers!

DaveEG

Member +
Got a torch? heat up the exhaust housing and use a leather/hide mallet. When I opened one up it was seriously stubborn, in the end I used a large hammer to hit a piece of solid metal bar on the exhaust housing.

Put it in a small workbench if you have one, with the exhaust housing closest the floor hanging under the bench and clamp the inlet housing in the bench, then when you hit it, it can drop freely onto the floor, I would suggest something a little padded underneath!

I had to batter the crap out of them with a heavy hammer in the past. Hammer the exhaust housing evening though or you will wreck the blades on the exhaust wheel

Fro

Member +
As above, I destroyed a rubber mallet trying to get mine apart, took me almost a whole day of smashing it :haha:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
i done it for him,bottle of j d ,,,,, i just gave it a bang of the head came apart in seconds no problem:)