How to perform a boost leak test on a stock 4EFTE?

Hey guys. The search option was not helpful. Looking for advice.
i Hope to sweet jesus you dont have many Vac lines.

if your idle is wild ( up and down etc ) get a somewhat flammable substance, WD-40 can work, brake cleaner works too. and use that to locate your leak, be careful as its flammable AF.

OR use soap and water in a spray bottle ( less safe for engine, but good on intercooler joiners etc )

OR go OCD and locate every single point on the engine that connects to a vac line. check them all. Even the brake booster. make sure every one is put on tight, with at Least zip ties, or those metal binders.

Zafar Ahmed

Member +
i Hope to sweet jesus you dont have many Vac lines.

if your idle is wild ( up and down etc ) get a somewhat flammable substance, WD-40 can work, brake cleaner works too. and use that to locate your leak, be careful as its flammable AF.

OR use soap and water in a spray bottle ( less safe for engine, but good on intercooler joiners etc )

OR go OCD and locate every single point on the engine that connects to a vac line. check them all. Even the brake booster. make sure every one is put on tight, with at Least zip ties, or those metal binders.
I'll give it a go. Thanks bud

Zafar Ahmed

Member +
Do you see low boost on your boost gauge?
Sure did. Now all fixed. Found 15 different leaks lol. However, I have HKS actuator with 2 turn preload. Spools great but getting fuel cut. The boost keeps on creeping. Even with no preload, spools late but creeps to fuel cut on 3rd. Any pointers?

Skalabala

Member +
Sure did. Now all fixed. Found 15 different leaks lol. However, I have HKS actuator with 2 turn preload. Spools great but getting fuel cut. The boost keeps on creeping. Even with no preload, spools late but creeps to fuel cut on 3rd. Any pointers?
Could be a badly cracked waste gate seat inside the turbo?