How to remove an engine from a GT4...

Sparky

Member +
What a waste!!

Now they bodywork will probably need repairing for the cost of borrowing a hoist or the right tools!!!

One of them seems to think you can't hoist an engine out the top of a gt4, can anyone confirm that he's talking out his arse?

Even if the car's a scrapper, were none of them concerned about getting crushed?!

Deano

Banned
Oh no it's from Nz I should have guessed what a bunch of stupid wankers lol :shoot: it wasn't from america as the vid says it's from nz

ChrisGT

Member +
Oh no it's from Nz I should have guessed what a bunch of stupid wankers lol :shoot: it wasn't from america as the vid says it's from nz

Ah sorry, should I edit my original post?! Bloody New Zealanders! :p

I'm not sure if the engine has to be dropped out - I mean, the 3SGTE is a big engine but I'm sure you could get it out the top. And if you couldn't I'm sure there are better ways to go about it than rolling the entire car! lol

gv1.3

Admin
maybe they cant take the engine out the usual way because its the 1% better special edition which is rumoured to be 1% too heavy for any engine hoist.

I want to see them putting it back in to a car haha... probably push the car off the roof of a multi story carpark onto the engine.

Idrees

Banned
maybe they cant take the engine out the usual way because its the 1% better special edition which is rumoured to be 1% too heavy for any engine hoist.

I want to see them putting it back in to a car haha... probably push the car off the roof of a multi story carpark onto the engine.
:haha::haha:

Deano

Banned
Lol hahahaha the 3sgte is a big engine well the one in my caldina is maybe it's 1% bigger than any other 3sgte engine lol but it would be able to come out on a hoist

jabran200

Member +
lol, idiots, they could have lifted the front and rolled the car back??

It can come out wiht a hoist no problem. They are on grass so the hoist would have gotten stuck. The best way would have been to take the hand brake off lift the front and roll back.

Can't believe rolling it was the best option ofr them.

Fatman

Member +
Hahaha, this video gets posted on so many toyota related forums.

GT4's are dime a dozen over here, this particular one was deregistered and wasn't road worthy for a variety of reasons. Have any of you actually worked on a GT4? When you have nothing but basic hand tools and manpower, this is the most effective means of removal. Plus you get to laugh at all the foreigners who post death threats over denting a Celica after you post up a video of doing it.

By far the easiest way to get to the other drivetrain bits under the car too.

gt4.jpg

Here's another one ;)