how to tell a 1.5 from 1.3??

DeanGT

Fresh Recruit
im goin to look at what is claimed to be a 1.5turbo glanza tommorrow, it has a 1.5 cynos bottom end. im wondering if there is any way of visually tellin if its a 5e or not?

Thanks

corofin12345

Member +
yellow arrow in picture below shows where its stamped on the block bud

P1010248-3-1.jpg

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
if the block has been skimmed it might be a bit harder to make out the stamp on the block.

JasonG

Member +
ya shud knw buy driven it really....but make sure the emissons are able to pass nct..!!i nearly brought a 1.5 gt turbo..!!but luckily i was told that the emissons wud nt pass nct..!!nd wud have had to take out the hole engine ta do it..!!!

J25GTi

Lifer
ya shud knw buy driven it really....but make sure the emissons are able to pass nct..!!i nearly brought a 1.5 gt turbo..!!but luckily i was told that the emissons wud nt pass nct..!!nd wud have had to take out the hole engine ta do it..!!!

How does that work? sound slike someone was spinning you a yarn!

gedis

Member +

completely wrong! if the fueling is right and you have good working cat in it it will pas(same as 4e really) unles the engine is fucked

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
the oil filter housing could give it away also if it hasn't had the 2 extra holes drilled and tapped in the block and it is only bolted on from the main centre bolt.