hybrid ct9, how to know

98_glanza

Member +
i may be goin to look at a glanza tomorrow and he claims that it has a hybrid ct9 in it,is there anyway of knowing just by driving it or how would i check?

accent_97

Member +
picture may help you its more meatier
20081214215357-SV200526.jpg

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
ask to see a receipt, otherwise it will be very hard to tell with the turbo being on the car, a gt spec like the one above, speedvision or toyosports turbo will have a larger inlet, but the likes of toy tuning doesnt

98_glanza

Member +
ask to see a receipt, otherwise it will be very hard to tell with the turbo being on the car, a gt spec like the one above, speedvision or toyosports turbo will have a larger inlet, but the likes of toy tuning doesnt

thats exactly what i was thinking,i will ask him for a receipt alright but without the receipt it will be pretty hard to know until i take it off for a proper look

aidan

Member +
to be honest i wouldnt even take a reciept as a definate answer if it has a hybrid or not as a lot of cars for sale lately are being raiped before the sale especially things like that which aren't obvious...aren't all hybrids meant to be ran with a ext w/g or is that only the tongs spec ones

corofin12345

Member +
you should know straight away steve, inlet will be bigger and blades will be like the the pic above..

heres 2 stock ct9's for reference... ct9a on the left and ct9b on the right...

19042011125.jpg

aidan

Member +
i would seriously doubt it has a hybrid turbo lad the air filter is not re located which means the tubby inlet is stock size, the heat shield is still on which no one puts back on if the mani was off and only 176 bhp sounds a bit weak to be fair

You can get hybrids with the stock inlet size I'm not saying it has one now but you could'nt possibly know without going for a mooch and get a look inside the inlet. There was a Glanza here locally came form japan had a hybrid on it and had a JAM ecu everything looked stock when you lifted the bonnet only give away was a blitz down pipe car was a wee flyer could stick with my hybrid no hassle

Last edited: