hybrid ct9

Foggy

Member +
Im after geeting a emu i want to make the most of it. I was looking a tongs gt spec hybrid are they any good? I was looking at the dyno graph there was a good few starlet running around 215bhp at 1 bar which seems very good. Thats around what a tdo4 would make at the same boost. If i was to run 1.2 bar would the standard engine be able for it? Also would i need bigger injectors and fuel pump? I have a 3 bar map sensor to go with my emu do i need another sensor? Thanks in advance.

Shane.

Fro

Member +
I think theres alot of people on here using this turbo, including myself. 215bhp@1bar doesnt sound right though so i wouldnt go expecting that figure! Seems to be a good turbo though

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Im after geeting a emu i want to make the most of it. I was looking a tongs gt spec hybrid are they any good? I was looking at the dyno graph there was a good few starlet running around 215bhp at 1 bar which seems very good. Thats around what a tdo4 would make at the same boost. If i was to run 1.2 bar would the standard engine be able for it? Also would i need bigger injectors and fuel pump? I have a 3 bar map sensor to go with my emu do i need another sensor? Thanks in advance.

Shane.

mybe 1 bar would be enough lad if running a standerd engine if i was you id go for a td04 setup cheap enough get an adapter plate of wee john it will work well with your manifold ,down pipe oil line and your ready to go:)cheaper too.tdo4 at 1 bar will get you 220bhp

Fro

Member +
I run just under 1.1 with my hybrid on a standard engine, people do run 1.2 but i suppose its what your tuner feels safest with maybe.
Part of me wishes i had just went td04 instead! Should make more power with td04@1bar too

Foggy

Member +
I think theres alot of people on here using this turbo, including myself. 215bhp@1bar doesnt sound right though so i wouldnt go expecting that figure! Seems to be a good turbo though
What does it pull like? What rpm do hit full boost?

mybe 1 bar would be enough lad if running a standerd engine if i was you id go for a td04 setup cheap enough get an adapter plate of wee john it will work well with your manifold ,down pipe oil line and your ready to go:)cheaper too.tdo4 at 1 bar will get you 220bhp

Im trying to stay away from a tdo4 im going for a good ct9 setup. I want the turbo to hit full boost low down in the revs. Its going to be a terror on the back roads:p

If you have a good aftermarket CT9 mani and downpipe and HKS actuator then you may aswell go with a CT9 hybrid I think. At least you don't need change your FMIC piping or oil lines

Fro

Member +

Im trying to stay away from a tdo4 im going for a good ct9 setup. I want the turbo to hit full boost low down in the revs. Its going to be a terror on the back roads:p

It pulls well i suppose yeah. Probably not as hard or violent as a td04 might. I was hitting full boost pretty late but ive been fucking around with my boost controller to try get it a bit sooner. Probably by 3k maybe just under

Im the same as you, i was/am trying to stay away from td04 and go for a smaller turbo/response setup but td04 is such an easy way to make power!

Foggy

Member +
If you have a good aftermarket CT9 mani and downpipe and HKS actuator then you may aswell go with a CT9 hybrid I think. At least you don't need change your FMIC piping or oil lines

I have a them and braided ct9 oil lines i think a good hybrid ct9 would go like shit off a shovel.

billybob

Untrusted Seller

belive me the tdo4 will eat a hybird any day lad,mate had one on his car for a week till i took him out in a tdo4 know hes tdo4:drive:not that much lad when mapped right

Fro

Member +
Mark@CMBautos has a hybrid ct9 on his car, cant remember who built it but his car is like shit off a shovel, think he almost made 220@1.35 and he has full boost by 2.5k

Fro

Member +
I would probably recommend one, as long as you dont want it to scare the shit out you everytime you drive it! I like mine, its good fun and it does me for what i want it

Foggy

Member +
To be honest id be happy with 200bhp or over nothing too mad. I want to have a good useable set up for back roads nothing happens with a tdo4 till 4k

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
I have one on my car, I use to be a td04 hybrid user on a stock engine and the lag on that was bad wasnt for me, i love the hybird pulls very well im only running 0.7 bar for now as im happy with it.

Chris@CCM

Member +
i dont like them at all pal way way way better off with a td04
i had one for a bit went good at 1.4 bar but at 1 bar it felt crap

Brad_L

Member +
i was thinking about going for the hybrid ct9 but now i think im going to try enzo's td12 instead.