i cant find a definitive answer (td04)

matt walters

Member +
right then, i have my turbo kit coming hopefully tomorrow or start of next week.

its an internal wastegate set up soo - should i port the wastegate before putting on car to save time? does this need doing at all on a td04 to stop boost creep?

what is the standard actuator set at? (bar)

will the set up be ok with just the boost being controlled by the actuator or is it a necesity to have an electronic boost controller? (i'm only going for .8 bar for the time being)

fueling...
will be using a hks fcd and sard rrfpr, will this be ok once set up? or do i need a safc or similar?

will i definately need a 255lph fuel pump? or is it possible for standard one to handle it? (i have read that they run rich standard?)

sorry if these have all been answered a million times, ive searched thread after thread on this but nothing seems to answer really :(

rep waiting :p

cheers in advance, matt

Rory

Lifer
1. Doesnt need porting.
2. Unsure, but its adjustable.
3. Actuator will be fine.
4. Not the best but can work once setup
5. Might aswell having it a bit over fueled rather than under fueled.

scot-ish

Member +
thanks a lot mate :)

youd suggest having some electronic control on the afr side of things then?

repped, thanks

you will need to have it setup up with a wideband, and have the pressure regulator/fcd set up together.

with a standard pump, it wouldnt run rich, more so lean if anything.

Rory

Lifer
What do you mean?
Yes the AFR will need checked with a wideband
And no you dont really need an electronic boost controller, unless you want to run alot more boost.

thanks a lot mate :)

youd suggest having some electronic control on the afr side of things then?

repped, thanks

matt walters

Member +
yeah im looking at gettin a wideband for it anyway,just need the cash first, ill not be putting anything on till ive got all the parts i need so can get it all sorted at once, walbro it is then lol :)

Mark-ep91

Member +
yup doesnt need porting!
standard actuator boost is .5 bar! mine came with standard scooby actuator and it wasnt ajustable!
you could get a ct9 hks actuator to work with it if you cut the bracket up to make it fit and adjust to .8 bar from that!

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
you could buy an adjustable actuator for the td04l or you could modify the standard actuator to make it adjustable. or you use a boost controller.

Shorty

Member +
you done need an external wastegate for 1 bar bud, you would need a way of altering the boost above the actuator limit, e.g a manual or elctronic boost controler or even an adjustable actuator. external wastegate will just hold boost more acuratly, it wont atomaticaly give you 1 bar. external gates work on spring pressure its just you can buy stiffer springs in the same sense that an adjustable actuator can be made stiffer (raising boost)

matt walters

Member +
yeah i know how the ex wastegate option works, just wasnt sure as to how you can lift your acuator limit as i know hks only goes to 0.8bar. how do you make the standard one adjustable? is there any threads on here how to do it? cheers

Mark-ep91

Member +
yeah i know how the ex wastegate option works, just wasnt sure as to how you can lift your acuator limit as i know hks only goes to 0.8bar. how do you make the standard one adjustable? is there any threads on here how to do it? cheers

the hks actuator can adjust the boost up to 1 bar too mate,you adjust the lenght to be smaller so u have to force it onto the wastegate flap therefore giving you more boost!

so if u want .8 bar first u have to adjust it then when u want 1 bar adjust it smaller again!