I cant solve this knocking noise grrrr please help!!

GTom TURBO

Member +
Ok gents im getting nowhere with this need some help!!

ok quick summary

bought the car completley standard with no mods with 64000 on the clock with a slight creeky knocking sound coming from central to drivers side of the car, when it creeks or knocks i can feel it through the steering wheel, it does it when i set off (almost like something is shifting) and when i come to a stop, it also does it when i turn the wheel around half a turn. So i had to go down the expensive route and replace EVERYTHING with new bits!

BC coilovers
bottom arms with pri bushes whiteline anti lift and bottom ball joints both sides!
whiteline 22mm anit roll bar and droplinks.

I replaced the driverside driveshaft with a nearly new shaft when replacing the clutch with a new exedy paddle! the driveshaft was knackered but all this has still not cured the problem. I have checked both wheels off the ground and there is no play in the in the rod ends. The only thing that isnt new on the suspension is the rack and ends! does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Cheers
Tom

GTom TURBO

Member +
clearances are close but even, the noise was happening before i ftitted everything though texx so im sure it wouldnt be that? think i have about 3 or 4 mm both sides...should they be that close? SCOT-ISH it does not have an lsd as far as im aware. I checked the other day by jacking a wheel off the floor and turning it and it did so i took that as a no? I did think maybe it was a standard diff thats knackered? what does everyone think to it possibly being a rack?

Cheers
Tom