I phone help

Gtstu

Member +
I have just got a i phone 3gs and does any one know how to use my music as a ring tone iv read a bit on the net about converting etc but is there a easy way:confused:

Glanza_MK

Member +
Theres no way of using tracks stored as music as ringtones, you need to convert it on the PC then upload it via iTunes into the ringtones folder. As far as I can remember, iRinger is a free app that will do the job.

GTti

Member +
With iTunes, you select the track you like right click and select "Get Info", go to the Options tab and you need to select a Start and Stop Time - this can only be 30 seconds in length maximum. Then create AAC version.

Drag this new file out to the desktop, delete it from iTunes, rename it as .m4r extension - then drag back into iTunes.

Sorted.

Gilly2006

Member +
With iTunes, you select the track you like right click and select "Get Info", go to the Options tab and you need to select a Start and Stop Time - this can only be 30 seconds in length maximum. Then create AAC version.

Drag this new file out to the desktop, delete it from iTunes, rename it as .m4r extension - then drag back into iTunes.

Sorted.

what this fella said!