i phone users attention!

danb87

South East England Area Rep
right thinking of getting an iphone 4 in the new year. seems too me that its the dogs nuts etc etc etc. lol

what networks/plans are best?

value for money etc? ive done some research but would like some more advice.

i currently have a satio, with unlimited calls, unlimted txts, 50pic messages. £39 per month.

something with unlimited messages an minimum 300 mins in a plan.

all ideas repped :) my xmas pressie too you all.

Vglanza

Member +
i have a cousin who works in 02 as a guru, he says the new windows phone is better than the iphone, though he said too wait a few months till they bring out a few software updates just too smooth out any rough egdes. Every phone will be garunteed working at a speed of 1 Ghz processing speed and has quiker wifi. internet really depends on what area you are in and how good the wifi is in that location.

I was considering getting the iPhone 4 aswell but alot of the reviews are sating its not great so I did a bit of research and the Nokia N8 is what im going to go for, seems to be a much better phone and its cheaper. If your an apple fan though, you should probably stick with the iPhone 4

wesgt

Lifer
I was considering getting the iPhone 4 aswell but alot of the reviews are sating its not great so I did a bit of research and the Nokia N8 is what im going to go for, seems to be a much better phone and its cheaper. If your an apple fan though, you should probably stick with the iPhone 4

wait for the nokia n9/n920, n900's successor, thats what i'm holding out for, supposed to be out in the new year at some stage

danb87

wud you not be an ipad;)
down side is there a bit of money lol

i dont have a pocket big enuf for one of them lol

i have a cousin who works in 02 as a guru, he says the new windows phone is better than the iphone, though he said too wait a few months till they bring out a few software updates just too smooth out any rough egdes. Every phone will be garunteed working at a speed of 1 Ghz processing speed and has quiker wifi. internet really depends on what area you are in and how good the wifi is in that location.

had a windows phone before didn like it atall

im not an i phone fan, just considering convertin too it. as its all the hype i hear about them

wait for the nokia n9/n920, n900's successor, thats what i'm holding out for, supposed to be out in the new year at some stage

going too look intoo that i think

HTC's are better, thats what I'll be getting in the new year when I upgrade from my Satio (same price plan as u too) :)

yay lol good old dolphin plus beeing a top customer gets me the awards lol

Vglanza

Member +
understandable the previous windows ones where crap, just thought id let you know to give you the option, as he is swapping his iphone 4 for one.

dan_ep82

Member +
granted previous windows phones are a bag of shite, but as an iphone user i have to admit windows phone 7 is very good, but imo iphone has pulled to far ahead of the competition.

i have had nokias, samsungs and htc ect and imo, you just cant beat the usability of the iphone, if you want an app for something, its there the interface is perfect touch screen is a pleasure to use, and the aftercare you get from apple with software updates is so much better than other phones, there customers talk and they usually deliver.

as for problems with iphone 4, rubbish.

the signal issue imo is over hyped, i never have any issues with mine and everything else on it is perfect.

danb87

granted previous windows phones are a bag of shite, but as an iphone user i have to admit windows phone 7 is very good, but imo iphone has pulled to far ahead of the competition.

i have had nokias, samsungs and htc ect and imo, you just cant beat the usability of the iphone, if you want an app for something, its there the interface is perfect touch screen is a pleasure to use, and the aftercare you get from apple with software updates is so much better than other phones, there customers talk and they usually deliver.

as for problems with iphone 4, rubbish.

the signal issue imo is over hyped, i never have any issues with mine and everything else on it is perfect.

takin intoo account thanks

addz

Member +
I am not an iphone user, but have tried to get used to the 3g, and 4g on two occasions, and failed. I personally can't get along with touch screen phones, that's just the way I am.

On the other hand, I think the iphone/ipod/ipad are all smashing piece of kits. I have jailbroken a good few, and all I can say is WOW at the apps. Lingz (rich) on here is very profound on apple products and he has helped me on many occasions with my ipod, mates iphone etc.

Pop into a shop, and see how you fancy one. It'll either be a yay, or a nay. I've got a better idea, play with a mates or something to get the feel, and then think of it as your own lol. I have a ipod 2g jailbroken, and love it for games, and browsing :)

Good luck with your final decision

Amd1691

Member +
I was more of a nokia fan before and touch screens were not realy ma favorites, but since had an iphone i realy luvd it, so id say Apple now, till i find better(not so sure :)). But there are loads of competitrs out der like sony ericson , htc etc that does realy well. ma next best alternative wud b an Android phn as the interface is quite similar, smooth and u can get stuffs FREE too..havnt tried the windows 7 phn yet though.

I've had a iPhone 3gs (which was jailbroken within a week) since January 2010 on a 12 month contract with tesco. They use their own network for calls and text but use o2's data network for 3g Internet. I paid £320 for the phone and £20 a month for £60 worth of allowance on a 12 month contract, which worked out as the cheapest way to get an iPhone back then. I've only ever been over my limit once; when I got lost in Portugal and had to use google maps. I don't think I could use a non jailbroken iPhone now, they seem so crap standard.

A few mates have been raving about android recently but I don't have any experience with it.

Your best bet would be to go into a few shops and find the phone/OS that suits you. Remember, it can work out to be very expensive if you're paying, say £40 a month over 24 months

Last edited:

cooz93

Member +
Im on o2, 30 a month, unlimited texts and 600 mins plus unlimited wifi! and for me o2 get signal everywhere, and some others dont..