I want my V to handle well

Nerosis

Member +
Currently ive got TRD shocks and springs and they are decent.

I just want my car to handle alot better?

Will exactly will I need?

coilovers, arb's, anti lift kits???

Help lol.

(also links will help with pics/prices please)

sanchez

Member +
Yeah as you said mate, front arb, rear arb, alk, lower, front and rear struts braces, and maybe coilovers would be better?

My mate has these on his GT and it handles 100% better than mine did with just coilovers.

Check the traders out for parts mate.

gglavin

Member +

Help lol.

cusco/tein coilovers for a start if you want to improve ( you can get pillowball top mounts to adjust the camber ) there are cheaper alternatives like BC coilovers or meister R. good tyres like bridgestone, toyo ot Yokohama ( camskill )

upgrade bushes & drop links ( TRD on RHD japan or any of the traders here ) & engine mounts ( powerflex on ebay ), front & back strut braces.

rear anti-roll bar like whiteline & panhard rod & anti _lift kit. you could also replace the factory front anti roll bar with a thicker after market job.

most of this stuff you can get from traders here, I have these upgrades & the car handles like a go kart

the key to good handling is how well this is set up for track or road use.

Last edited:

GTnomez

Member +
Gryzor, Franza and others would firstly say replace any perished oem bushes as they are over 10 years old.

Then go from there.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Gryzor, Franza and others would firstly say replace any perished oem bushes as they are over 10 years old.

Then go from there.

Correct, first recommendation is inspecting and replacing the bushings, after that you have to ask yourself what the car will be used for most, if it's a predominantly road car i would stick with the shocks and springs, add a rear ARB on the medium settings and get the alignment done. see how you get on from there. a lot of it depends on your driving style.

to be totally honest my car is a bit harsh for daily driving but the other half ( Tanya ) seems to find it incredibly easy to handle too easy infact more so than myself.

MeisterR

Lifer

Help lol.

First, the best coilovers in the world will not do any good if your standard bushes are all worn, so get those check and make sure they are in good condition first.

Once that is done, then I would suggest getting a set of coilovers and getting them setup correctly.

"Dual Perch" Coilovers like the MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers have alot of benifit than just lowering the car.

The linear rate springs will make the weight shift alot smoother.
The Mono-Tube Dampers will increase damper sensitivity and performance.
And if you really get into it, you can properly corner weight balance the car to even out the turn in and provide better overall grip to all 4 tyres.

Nerosis

Member +
Im such a noob.

Does anyone have a link to where i can buy some new bushes and how many i'll need (im guessing 4)

Handling isnt my thing on cars lol, im all about power.

Any help is repp'd/appriciated guys.

gglavin

Member +
Im such a noob.

Does anyone have a link to where i can buy some new bushes and how many i'll need (im guessing 4)

Handling isnt my thing on cars lol, im all about power.

Any help is repp'd/appriciated guys.

you will need 6 & get some drop links for the front antiroll bar from Toyota ( just give the chassis number)

http://www.rhdjapan.com/trd-lateral-control-rod-bushing-ep71-ep82-ep91-58635

log on to RHD japan & look up TRD bushes for your car, they are all there

also probably wortt changing engine mounts.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m19b346s0p0 check here for whiteline products & also superflex drop links

Nerosis

Member +
you will need 6 & get some drop links for the front antiroll bar from Toyota ( just give the chassis number)

http://www.rhdjapan.com/trd-lateral-control-rod-bushing-ep71-ep82-ep91-58635

log on to RHD japan & look up TRD bushes for your car, they are all there

also probably wortt changing engine mounts.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m19b346s0p0 check here for whiteline products & also superflex drop links

Thanks.

What is more benificial out of the front or rear ARB? (im only getting 1 first because i get paid next week to get the other 1)

Also, how many engine mounts do I need? How many Bush's? what type of bush's?

(Sorry for all the nooby questions. I'll be a pro soon :D )

gglavin

Member +
Thanks.

What is more benificial out of the front or rear ARB? (im only getting 1 first because i get paid next week to get the other 1)

Also, how many engine mounts do I need? How many Bush's? what type of bush's?

(Sorry for all the nooby questions. I'll be a pro soon :D )

1 for engine & 2 for gearbox ( camskill have them i think or ebay ) do you have LSD gearbox??? if you do you wont need the rear gearbox mount bush as does not fit

6 in total = inner & outer control arm bushes X4 & rear trailing arm bushes x 2

then drop links from either superflex or toyota, rear anti roll bar is more beneficial to you mate

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?c=PFLEXTOYOTA&s=category
here larkspeed have the engine mounts aswell , thats where i got them.

Last edited:

asifatyard21

Member +
best handling mod i ever did was fitting a cusco LSD i am selling 1 if your interested give me a shout. grip is awesome and handling is vastly improved!! im sure every one who has drve a gt with a cusco LSD will agree

Franza is the man to listen to on this matter.

Also might not need one of the wishbone bushes if you get the alk kit, as that replaces 1 on each wishbone.

Replace all bushes if old ones are radged. When I put on all my uprated stuff it was so much better than standard.

gglavin

Member +
Franza is the man to listen to on this matter.

Also might not need one of the wishbone bushes if you get the alk kit, as that replaces 1 on each wishbone.

Replace all bushes if old ones are radged. When I put on all my uprated stuff it was so much better than standard.

I changed all the bushes, engine, gearbox, drop links, added rear ARB , strut braces, coilovers with adjustable top mounts, toyo R888 up front & the grip is unreal, no rattles & sturdy as hell !!! but depends on your settings, road, or track, get it aligned properly etc...

my advice is change them all, im sure they are over 10 years old by now

Last edited:

Nerosis

Member +
Correct, first recommendation is inspecting and replacing the bushings, after that you have to ask yourself what the car will be used for most, if it's a predominantly road car i would stick with the shocks and springs, add a rear ARB on the medium settings and get the alignment done. see how you get on from there. a lot of it depends on your driving style.

to be totally honest my car is a bit harsh for daily driving but the other half ( Tanya ) seems to find it incredibly easy to handle too easy infact more so than myself.

If i fit the read ARB my self, what allignments need doing?

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager

The rear ARB is a simple bolt on job, you'll need to drill two holes in the rear members, you'll get full instructions how to fit them from the manufacturer so they are easy. as for alignment you don't really need any but it's always recommended you get the alignment checked anyway when ever you add any handling equipment.

Bushings here is what you'll need exactly.

if your going for a front ARB

front arm bushings you'll get them at www.priracing.com
Anti Lift Kit, you'll get them off of the traders on here or on ebay.
you can get TRD trailing arm bushings from RHD japan i think or one of the traders will sort you out.

if your not going for a front ARB then add a set of front roll bar link bushings to that. you'll get them at toyota.

as for other stuff you'll need it's recommended you get a panhard rod. all of that should get you handling pretty well. after that i's a matter of adjusting the settings and alignment to suite your driving style.

Remember though that the car's characteristic will change when ever you fit something suspension wise so take it easy in it for a bit and don't drive hard till you get used to it.

gglavin

Member +

probably wont need to be aligned but no harm, unless your tyres are wearing uneven.

good advice there from franza, take it handy...:drive: it will take time to collect all the items but well worth it.:)