ice setups

leeroyV

Member +
so what ice setups are people running?

i need to get something sorted as the 2 poxy front speakers in the glanza just cant cope now i have the japspeed exhaust fitted and although when doing short journeys i bearly use the stereo on longer journeys to shows etc this year it may become a little tedious.

i was thinking just 6x9's on shelf and small amp and sub in boot but would be good to know what you guys run :)

Rev

Member +
My sera has a bit of ice , runs 9 speakers and 3 amps ( 2x220w+1x1700w) plus the pioneer unit amp. It has 4 speakers on the shelf at the back one in each door and two little tweeters upfront on the dash and of course did have a huge sub in the boot.
My comments would be -
1 Get a nice sounding sub ( I had the back speakers through the same amp as the sub so set the amp to output a wide range of frequencies , the sub could not produce natural and warm bass so I replaced it with a good quality speaker box from a stereo system and it sounds punchy,mellow and deep without destroying ears also saved a huge amount of weight )
2 Three shelf speakers seem enough on the back shelf to compete with the sub.
3 Have enough speakers to be able to pan front to back and side to side at the front then you will be able to get a good balance for any situation or seating position.

I might add the best no frills car system I have heard is Subaru Liberty yr 3.2000 ( Legacy ) has slightly larger almost oval door speakers a small tweeter behind each of the mirrors connection point on the door. The bass sound is very good with the slightly larger speaker and the tweeter is very close to your ears so there is very little distortion/ signal loss from road noise etc. and channel separation is very pleasing because of this trick.

Last edited: