Ideas??!!! very worrying knocking noise

ollieglanza

Fresh Recruit
Sounds like its coming from the driveshafts, only does it occasionally above 2,000rpm and when turning the wheel slightly. Sort of come from nowhere yesterday. Im leaning towards cv joint?

Noise disappeared for a day and now has got worse. Seems about 2,000rpm the knock,knock,knock starts then goes away with a bit more speed. Noise is alot louder when steering with revs. Also sometimes the steering wheel pulls against me? Kinda worried about this

H_D

Member +
check your outer cv joints and driveshafts near the gearbox side. if the retention clip comes loose on the driveshaft or breaks off the shaft it can cause excess movement.
It may also be worth checking your ball joints, droplinks and track rod ends, check the bushes on the anti roll bar and wishbone bushes too.
Once its been fixed get your tracking sorted which will stop your car pulling to one side.

ollieglanza

Fresh Recruit
cool i'll have a look at the weekend. Its weird as the noise doesn't happen in 1st and the steering wheel hasn't been pulling today. Recently got my tracking done the other day. Should also add it started saturday and i jacked it up to have a look, it then stopped for 20 miles or so and has started again

CanadianTed

Fresh Recruit
Did you ever figure out what it was? I think I have the same problem. Car knocks when turning and wheel pulls quite violently! Already changed CV joints so it cant be that.

Any Ideas?
Cheers,

TRD1mos

Member +
i think i can help...try lubricate steering wheel cross axle, is a joint in engine bay where sttering wheel axis-axle is connected with steering wheel knucle.If this solved your problem then you have to change this axlle as soon as possible...

Last edited: