Idle problems

basketash

Member +
Alright guys im having a idleing issue every now and then.

Problem:

I find that when the car is ment to be ideling it can creep up 1k rev for no reason and if i slightly touch the accelerator pedel it will drop down.

What i've done so far :

so far i have checked to ensure clean and free movement of the part in which the accelerator cable connects to under the top mount and all apeares to be free and working.

If anyone could helpme i would appreciate it i have looked into this on the site and have come across alot of problems of ideling going down but not going up many thanks ashley bramley.

EvilKnievel

Member +
My car does something similair, especially if I've been driving da crap outa it. Like 170/180km/h for a long stretch, or lots blasting in town. But mine goes up for a few seconds and then drops again by itself. My moded pajero does the same, although with the cams it got in I wouldnt call it ideling ;-), so thought it kinda normal.

mingles

Fresh Recruit
Accelarator cable cud be sticking.The cables unreels itself on the inside.Once your touching the peddle and it drops back,then its the cable.Hope this helps.

basketash

Member +
it sounds okay it has not done it recently its only when i give it some stick. I recon it my be a new accelerator cable im not 100% tho cheers for the help so far any other ideas are more than welcome

basketash

Member +
nice one how much do they cost and can you get them direct from toyota cheers sheldon i will be adding u some rep wen i get on my home comp cheers again

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
they are expensive mate... i dont know exactly over there!

just try and clean it with sopme carb cleaner first.. after the carb cleaner mine was fine and then did it again.. cleaned it again and seems fine for now..

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
my car also idles at what it wants some time, could b the idle control valve, could be a stuck pedal too as said above