idling problem looking for ideas?

Right guys im am coming to my whits end with this fucking car now, I fixed the oil light the other day by putting a new oil preasure switch in her, then my alternator belt snapped so i fixed that, now I have a fucking idling problem!!!

Basically I start her up when she is cold and it ticks over about right at about 1300-1400rpm when cold, but as soon as i drive it, it starts to idle around 2000rpm when I stop and when I change gear it revs back up to 2000, in between gear changes so when ever the clutch is down basically it will go up to around 2000rp.

I have recently had it mapped on a hks fcon IS ecu but it has been running totally fine until the day i fixed the belt. It ran ok on the way over to my friends house then on the way home, as i came off the motorway, it began to do this!!

Has anyone got any ideas???? any help will be appriciated and rep will be added, hope some one can help!!!

Mark-ep91

Member +
try cleaning the air idle control valve at the side of the inlet mani,and also air sensor on the inlet mani too and see how ya get on!
might also help by taking off intercooler from throttle body and spraying in carb cleaner!

try cleaning the air idle control valve at the side of the inlet mani,and also air sensor on the inlet mani too and see how ya get on!
might also help by taking off intercooler from throttle body and spraying in carb cleaner!

I'm guessing the idle control valve is the bit over by the drivers side of the inlet Mani and the air sensor is the but round the back? What is the best stuff to clean them out with? Would it be worth tightening my throttle cable while I'm there?

kellygt

Member +
Check the throttle cable isnt sticking aswell they can sometimes stick and cause the car to rev higher

matt walters

Member +
I'm guessing the idle control valve is the bit over by the drivers side of the inlet Mani and the air sensor is the but round the back? What is the best stuff to clean them out with? Would it be worth tightening my throttle cable while I'm there?

theres a thread in helpful info section how to do it mate

Gtstu

Member +
I have the same problem with one of my GTs iv tried all of the above and replaced everything and still can't find out what it is if you find the problem please post it on here

Okay guys so I have fixed it to an extent just need a few more tweeks and then she should be spot on.

It was the little screw with the 8mm bolt that stops the throttle cable pully.

Gtstu if you hold the throttle pully open and look underneath you should be able to see it its where the pully hits when it drops back down to the closed position i took that out and it made it a hell of a lot better but it does still idle a tad high so gunna take off the intercooler pipe to the inlet mani and clean up the butter fuly a bit :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Okay guys so I have fixed it to an extent just need a few more tweeks and then she should be spot on.

It was the little screw with the 8mm bolt that stops the throttle cable pully.

Gtstu if you hold the throttle pully open and look underneath you should be able to see it its where the pully hits when it drops back down to the closed position i took that out and it made it a hell of a lot better but it does still idle a tad high so gunna take off the intercooler pipe to the inlet mani and clean up the butter fuly a bit :)

when i touched that.. the TPS went out and had to recalibrate it as like you it was running high revs. after calibration its all fine now.