ignition wire colour codes

Hi im trying to wire a turbo timer any one know what colour wires that come from the back of the ignition do what? abit stuck know lol. HELP!!!

stew

Member +
i'm in the same situation as u mate lol. got a timer + harness the other day .. only problem is i haven't got a clue where to plug them! there's also some additional wires coming off the timer, gonna go have another look now i'll let you know if i make any progress

vtecpete

Member +
i'm in the same situation as u mate lol. got a timer + harness the other day .. only problem is i haven't got a clue where to plug them! there's also some additional wires coming off the timer, gonna go have another look now i'll let you know if i make any progress

try here, might help http://www.xspeed.com.au/manuals.php

ok if i remember correctly this is what i did, hope it helps
disconnect battery, undo the plastic surround of the barrel behind steering wheel, 4 screws i think. there is a connector straight into ignition remove it and connect it to your harness now connect other end of harness into where ignition connection was and connect your timer to the free part of the harness. one wire goes to handbrake sensor and the other wire has to be grounded to a bolt in chassis. other wire is optional i think for ecu

stew

Member +
very helpful thanks

1 problem though i still can't find the handbrake sensor so the timer turns off completely when i turn off the engine lol. gonna go have a look for him now.

dac69er

Super Moderator
very helpful thanks

1 problem though i still can't find the handbrake sensor so the timer turns off completely when i turn off the engine lol. gonna go have a look for him now.

put it straight to ground to get it to work.
the handbrake switch is on the handbrake, just take the plastic centre section bit out and you will see it.

stew

Member +
just realised the alarm doesn't arm while the TT is active this has become a fucking nightmare lol. and when you do lock it and walk away from the car it will open when the engine turns off! what idiots designed these things *fume*:mad:

vtecpete

Member +
you can get your alarm fitter to install a bypas module that will allow the car to lock and alarm while the turbotimer still works, costs bout €40 over here.
iv had 2 glanzas with no bypass doesnt bother me at all, its rare thet my timer counts down for a few mins

re

Im still really stuck i just need to know which colour wires on the care does what so i can plug the relay in 4 the timer. pretty please

STARLET88

Member +
help!!!

guys i need to no the colour wires for:

12v
Starter
Ignition
Accessory
and 2nd Accessory

from the ignition harness!