I'm a CRIMINAL because I tax my car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdutton007

Member +
I got my car insured last saturday for a week so that I could get it MOT'd and taxed (been off the road for the last couple of months but selling it quite soon so wanted it taxed and tested).

Now I've realised that when the insurance runs out friday, I'm officially breaking the law and can get fined/jailed DESPITE my car being on private property and will not be used on the road at all without being re-insured.

I realise that I deserve the death penalty for this OUTRAGEOUS breach of the law...... LMFAO.

Anybody got any ideas of how to get round this (other than SORNing it, and retaxing it every time I want to use it....)? Could I insure it with one company, cancel it within the 14 days (apparently you can cancel the policy and get all your money back within 14 days), insure it with another company, cancel it again, and keep doing that until its sold?

Does the government actually do anything apart from take most of our hard-earned money and then fine us for doing nothing wrong???

(Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant but I hate how the goverment tries to screw hard-working people who have done nothing wrong)

J25GTi

Lifer
I think you got the wrong end of the stick. Aren't the gvnmnt trying to bring in that it must be insured at all times? Even if sorned?

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
No, not if SORN'd only if it's taxed and MOT'd. I can see their point, not many people will have a taxed car that they claim is off the road.

Also, the 14 day insurance thing. They don't give you all your money back, they can take the cost of however long you were covered, they just can't penalise you further for cancelling.

sdutton007

Member +
i keep a bat at the door and we some 1 cums to take it hit them lol

Very tempted lol. If bailiffs turn up though, how should I dispose of the body? Last time a bailiff came round (to collect a debt for a parking fine from a car I'd sold well before the parking ticket), he damaged my starlet :mad: Most bailiffs are immoral nazi scum and deserve to die, but thats another issue.....

If it's on the private land and you don't drive it on the public road - they wouldn't know!

But is it really fair to automatically assume that you are a criminal with absolutely no evidence?

No, not if SORN'd only if it's taxed and MOT'd. I can see their point, not many people will have a taxed car that they claim is off the road.

Also, the 14 day insurance thing. They don't give you all your money back, they can take the cost of however long you were covered, they just can't penalise you further for cancelling.

Maybe not many people will do so and I can understand they're trying to reduce the number of uninsured drivers, but it's a joke for some law-abiding citizens.

Anybody know any insurance companies that want to insure me to do 0 miles a year, with a £1,000,000 excess?

Status
Not open for further replies.