Immobiliser problem

rickie

Member +
Ok, jumped in the car and found that the immobiliser wouldn't turn off by using the electronic blipper or the manual immobiliser key. The light just stayed on. After removing the panel to get at all the wires etc. and spending half an hour looking for the damn unit that is the core box for the immobiliser, i'm left none the wiser. Its the only thing that I couldn't see. Thot I had it for a second when the wires I thot that were leading to the box ended up being the FCD. So many intertwined wires its easy to get lost. I was looking for the fuse to see if that might have been the problem. The only one I could find was heavily taped up and I wasn't convinced that it was connected to the immobiliser unit. If anyone has any suggestions as to what it might be I would very much appreciate it.

dac69er

Super Moderator
should have a fuse somewhere. on my lazerline alrm immobiliser it has a twin fuse block thingy.

dac69er

Super Moderator
well it will all cepend on who installed it but mine is somewhere under the lower panel thing thats below the steering wheel.

when you remove that you can see all the wires, fuses etc

rickie

Member +
Ive been looking in there, and other than the main fuse box, I can only see one fuse on its own but I didnt touch it as it looked in no way connected to the wires that run from the alarm /immobiliser light.

dac69er

Super Moderator
it wont be linked to the light mate. there is a fuse box, like you sad, anything else is to do with the alrm/immobiliser unless its something else has been wired into it at some point. worth checking it out. have you tried disconnecting the battery?

rickie

Member +
You think I should try changing the single fuse on its own that I found? I havn't tried diconnecting the battery yet. One of the cars previous owners has taped up the wiring very heavily so it's difficult to know whats goin where.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i can imagine mate. i also found with mine it had alot of unused wire in the system, i cut chopped it all out as it was just a pain.
check the fuse, it may not be blown. try disconnecting the battery over night and then have a go in the morning. also email lazerline and tell them your problem, they are quite helpful i found