improve Glanza performance..how much??

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
How much do you need to spend, and do to put the Glanzas power up to about 160-170BHP?
I see all the talk of greddy and e manage but havnt a clue what its all about.
I take it there is no simple way to re map these cars?

Rik

Member +
NB: You will need fueling mods to accommodate these parts to ensure maximum reliability, we would recommend at a minimum a FPR kit and an uprated fuel pump, coupled with a dyno session to make sure fueling is correct. For maximum power gain we would recommend a slight injector upgrade (315cc-330cc) coupled with a piggyback ECU (emanage) or fuel controller (SAFC). Engine management is not essential just optimal as you can get a basic safe setup with a FPR

From product page.

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
I was just thinking of about a 40 bhp increase or so as the standard car can live with that without modifying brakes and intercoolers.
Does that mean then that I need a piggyback ECU?

nexia201

Member +
so if the glanza with 4 discs will not stop what about my aygo with front discs and rear drums do!!!! better start looking for a parashute!!!

cole

Member +
juste get some 3g brake discs and some good pads like mintex 1144 or redstuff yellowstuff etc ... just to help stop with the extra brakes as starlet brakes in stock form are poo

starbogt

Member +
I think there's a few people going over the top with the required mods for this power!...

To start with it depends on the condition of your engine and turbo a few tasteful mods will see a good condition engine see above this power easily.

ie

A boost increase
fuel regulator upgrade
decat
uprated manifold
exhaust change
uprated actuator
Air filter

@ 1bar will see approx 170+ on a good engine

with the FMIC you'll see a small improvement in power but with the size of the ct9 you may need to raise the boost to compensate.

Some people have got very close to 200 bhp without internal mods with these sorts of mods.

As for brakes I run a TD04L and I run standard brakes at present because on the road you shouldn't need any better.. Although you will get everyone saying they're the 1 st upgrade it depends on how you drive. Braided lines are a must really.

In my opinion when uprating the power suspension would be my 1st port of call.

Good luck and search the site, power is available for very little money if done correctly.

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for that

I have an aftermarket back box and HKS filter which were on the car when i bought it. Engine is mint with only 47000 miles and ive put 16" wheels on it with TOYO Proxies.
Thing is your right about suspension, it rolls too much with standard set up.

I do however have another coming from Japan in a few weeks thats lowered and has a full exhaust system, so may sell this one and keep that one to modify instead as thats only got 60000 miles.
Problem is this one has a sunroof the other one doesnt, and the Mrs wants to keep the one with the sunroof!!:)

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I would have to agree with the Brakes comment, I'm also on a TD04 and I find the standard setup just fine for use on the road, I have a complete upgrade sitting on the shelf just not got round to fitting it.

I dont see the point in huge braking power, it'll just lock up the wheels easier.

cole

Member +
I would have to agree with the Brakes comment, I'm also on a TD04 and I find the standard setup just fine for use on the road, I have a complete upgrade sitting on the shelf just not got round to fitting it.

I dont see the point in huge braking power, it'll just lock up the wheels easier.

i run wilwood 4 pots and mine never lock up

Rik

Member +
You should only need some 3G discs with some decent pads, none of this 700 quid brake kit job. Can always get a bmcs and braided lines as well for abit of a better feel.