In Need Of Desperate Help!!!!! (South East Area)

Glanza_K31

Member +
Hello Guys/Girls,

Today i thought id take a whack at changing my mani, decat and actuator over, what a complete pain!!!

The problem is im stuck on the final bolt (bottom left of manifold) blocked by the turbo. Which i cant remove due to the oil feed line still in place because of the air con compressor.

Anyone who lives near basildon/southend willing to lend a hand??? money waiting if that helps??

Regards
Kei

u need to remove the turbo unit....radiator ...etc....so u can get at all the mani bolts

especailly if u have never done it before

Glanza_K31

Member +
i have removed the radiator, the decat, the intercooler pipes, the air intake pipe. the only thing keeping the turbo in place is the oil line which the banjo bolt is blocked by the air con compressor, which i have no clue how to move to one side.

Glanza_K31

Member +
Is it? was kinda hard to tell since its all covered in black grease. Will take another look tomo, just wanted to see if anyone was about tomo to help out (hence offer of money in exchange). Id rather trust a member with the same car rather than the garages around here who are puzzled by a 4efte.

Paddy

Lifer
when i did mine i just undid the bolts holding the oil feed to the turbo and pulled it out the way. i still have the ac compesser aswell

Glanza_K31

Member +
Paddy, I did unbolt and tried moving but was worried about the oil feed (metal pipe) would snap as i have been told this can happen by bending it.

Dan you have pm

Dave.

Member +
When we did my mates, we made our own spanners lol, had to oxy-acetylene blowtorch them to bend them into a shape that worked, given we didn't want to disturb the air con system..

Not a great help to you i guess, so i'd just remove the air con.

Dave

Spoonz

Member +
the oil feed pipe is pretty strong so shouldnt bend but would be easier to take AC out its 4 bolts holding it to the block think there 14s then its simple has unoig the 4 bolts that hold the turbo to the mani and then you can get to the bolt at the bck with no problems

Glanza_K31

Member +
Cheers for the replies guys, will give it another bash tomo. If i have no success tomo will just have to settle for decat and actuator leaving the mani.

Can i just unbolt the 4 ac bolts and move it, even tho its all still plumbed in?? or do i have to literally remove the whole ac system.

Guye

Lifer
You can unbolt the compressor and just let it hang by the hoses. The compressor hoses are quite strong and will not be damaged. Simply bolt it back up after your project is finished.