indicators have stoped working

ollie454

Member +
as above they were working fine last night went to indercate this morning and they dont work what could it be?

thanks

wee-jo

Member +
This happened to me, although my indicators worked a while after this. I think it was an intermittent fault so check your fuses as mine were loose causing the indicators to work then not work for about 2 minutes at a time.

Rory

Lifer
Make sure the plug hasnt fallen out the back of the hazzard light switch ;)
If its fallen out theres your problem.

Rory

Lifer
If neither work its free to check the connection in the hazzard switch, before hunting for fuses etc etc.
The indicators are hooked into the hazzard switch, so if the plug is out, the circuit is open, hance nothing will work.

If the hazzards do work but the indicators dont, it usually is a relay problem.

if the hazzards are working then the fault lies with the stalk.. if neither work its fuse or relay related

ollie454

Member +
was strange i checked all the fuse's they were all ok so try the hazzard switch they worked since then everything works fine rep given thanks

Mark-ep91

Member +
nothing to realy worry about then?

no nothing to worry bout just next time press the hazard button cause it gets stuck sometimes!
you probly could take it off and try grease it so it doest get stuck or get another one from a scrapyard but its as easy to press the hazards!

dandydons

Member +
This happened to me, although my indicators worked a while after this. I think it was an intermittent fault so check your fuses as mine were loose causing the indicators to work then not work for about 2 minutes at a time.

Have had this on every car I have owned - Always put the indicators on to check they were working before I bought each car and they always seem to go on -off -on- off- on