Info much needed :)

Sick_Jack

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys,

Speedo lights have now completely died so I need to replace them, I tried one afternoon before but the speedo cable didn't give me enough room to get the instrument panel out, so..........in need of releasing the cable from the top of the gearbox. I need to know which one is it (a picture would be helpful) and any advise would be much appreciated!!!!

Next question..........is there a section / guide on here for changing the fan belt, last one I had a crack at was on a 106!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

marty

Member +
Is it an EP91? I know on mine when I replaced the speedo cable it was a pain in the ass to get it to thread into the gearbox properly so maybe best to avoid removing that end and just pull it out from the back of the speedo itself. If you can turn the dials to the side to get a good view you can see how it disconnects. Should give you a bit more room to play with. Just throwing it out there but could it be a fuse that's went?

My dials gave up on me a few months back and the fog lights went at the same time..fuse problem was the culprit.

Sick_Jack

Fresh Recruit
Its a 1995 EP82. When I had the dash out, I couldn't get enough room to move the panel or get my hand behind it (pain the arse!!!), read somewhere that it is best to release from the gearbox end, but can't remember where I did read that!!!!

Unfortunatly it is not fuse as they do flicker on/off. They have been done before as the original lights are/where still present in the center of the panel,
the lights behind the fuel gauge 0-40 side of the mph gauge are a brighter white. These ones work when they want which tells me loose connection somewhere.

Thanks all the same though :)

SupaStu

Member +
I've changed mine without disconnecting the speedo cable (i couldnt disconnect it, so bloody hard), just extremely fiddy and annoying. Check the pic of the rear to give you an idea of what bulb holders you are aiming for (black items). They just twist and fall out, so be ready to catch them, or they make drop onto the plastic behind the dash:

rearcluster.jpg