Info On Exporting The Gt

Auto EP82

Lifer
Hi i have a person from holand wanting to buy my GT and was wondering if either of us would have to pay anything or is it a case of give him the right bit of the log book and send the rest to DVLA.Any help welcome

dac69er

Super Moderator
there is a bit on the log book to say its been exported i believe. send that off and declare the car sorn and it should be good to go.

he may have to pay tax or something in his country and obvious register it and suchlike but you shouldnt have to pay anything other than the cost of a stamp to send the logbook off.

Auto EP82

Lifer
So its pretty much the same as if it were to stay in the country then just also the export bit needs to be sent off to DVLA.thanx alot mate for advice.

Auto EP82

Lifer
no he seems like an alright guy he is on the site and he is flying over and am picking him up from airport and will be selling car at my house i will NOT be shipping it he will be driving it back.but i just wanted to no if there was any thing i would have to pay because it was leaving the country.cheers for heads up as well guys.

easty-5

Member +
If thats the case then you should be fine. Just make sure you write up some kind of receipt with a date and time on it and both of you sign it.

Kelly

Member +
Will move this to insurance and legal section as other people may find this useful in future.

Glad to see your car has found a buyer :)

Ronald

Fresh Recruit
Hi there,

I'm the "allright guy" :p

I'm flying over to southampton together with my mate.
If everything seems to be OK we will drive the car to Folkestone and take the train to Calais from where we will be driving back to Holland.

I have to arrange a whole lot of things, but I think it's all worth it!
Just had a phone call from the insurance company that i simply can drive it home.
So tonight or tomorrow we will buy the tickets for the flight and the train.
All i need is the chassis number for temporary insurance.

Really seeing forward to our meeting on 11/11/2008!

Roadtrip UK!!:rockon:

Keep you guys posted!

Ronald.

GTdan

In The Closet
cool - so one of these exporters turn out to be real - i thought i was mad travelling to the bottom of country picking my gt up, but flying across from holland - top lad!!

Ronald

Fresh Recruit
It's a special car, so why not :)

Here in Holland the EP's don't have turbo's unless you swap it.
Nowadays it's a lot easier and cheaper to pick up a car from abroad then it was in the past.

Only thing is that the steering wheel is on the wrong (or is it the wright) side of the car hahaha....

Can't wait to see it in flesh! :drive:

Ronald.

GTdan

In The Closet
where abouts in holland are you?? my dad lives in groesbeck (think it new germany) and plan on going across in january - debating whether to take the gt for a road trip or just fly.
I know what you mean - when my dad moved across he took across his car, on dutch plates but right hand drive - got some proper funny looks - lol

agreed - they are a very special car in deed!

gv1.3

Admin
Ronald just make sure you are aware of all import duties etc that will have to be paid in your country.. in Ireland they can be expensive.

Braz

Fresh Recruit
in ireland they can be redicliously expensive, and the VRT has just gone up again... i hate the irish government!!

Ronald

Fresh Recruit
Hi! Does anyone know how to reach Auto EP82 (Pete is his name right?)
Trying to reach him for 2 days now and he doesn't respond to any of my text messages or PM's since then.

Just hope there nothing happened :confused:

Last activity was 30-10-2008 09:29 PM

Really have to know some things so I can get the tickets to UK!

Thanks!!

Ronald.

Ronald

Fresh Recruit
Well, the tickets have been booked this weekend.
Insurance has been informed about the trip.

This is how i calculated the trip:

7.00 AM: Train to Amsterdam
7.45 AM: Arriving @ airport
8.00 AM: Check in
9.50 AM: Flying to Southampton
10.10 AM English Time: Arriving
11.00 AM: Arriving @ Auto EP82's place
1.00 PM: Driving to dover in about 3 hours, calculated some extra time just in case
5.00 PM: Check in Boat Dover - Calais
5.30 PM: Sailing to Calais
8.00 PM Dutch Time: Arriving @ Calais, driving for about 4 hours
0.00 AM: Arriving @ Home!

Ronald.