injector size

aidan

Member +
I found a set o twin jet 500cc injectors and not sure if they would be too big for my set up which Will be
Forged 4e
5efhe cams
Full 2.5" turbo back system
Garrett t25 turbo
EMB piggaback
Upgraded plug leads

I'm hoping to run 1.3 or 1.4 bar boost
Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Aidan

triple j

Member +
I would say the would be sweet for that kind of boost and turbo, only problem is the emb might find it hard to run them, i would standalone that setup.

Last edited:
based on what i just read...emb manual says it can control injectors up to 150% larger

i know people run 550cc on the emu, but not sure about any specific examples with the emb

Phil

Super Moderator
whats the process of defining the 150% allowance?

150 percent of stock would be 450cc ish max

150 percent above and beyond 295 (would be 250% of 295) would give you a limit of 750cc is.

I doubt it is 150% above 100% on EMB and rather means 150% of stock ie 450cc max. making 500cc injectors a big struggle for the emb.

Phil

Rev

Member +
For idle my understanding of 150% is 275cc+50% of 275cc = 412.5cc ( 275cc is the true injector size for the 295cc inj flow at base pressure of 32.77psi )

If the 500cc injectors are rated at 43.5psi they will be 434cc at 32.77psi.
It may be worth a try at stock pressure as they are twin jet and are only slightly larger.

aidan

Member +
Do I really even need injectors that big. Lads the t25 is more or less the same size as a td04 and most lads run them at a bar with the stock injectors would the extra .3 or .4 bar boost need all that extra fuel ??

Thanks for all your help

Phil

Super Moderator
You wont need 500cc injectors mate.

but something abit bigger than stock would be ideal!

Phil

aidan

Member +
The likes of these would probably be fine so would they

4 high performance 360cc (34lb)*fuel injectors. These are genuine BOSCH, modified to fit the Toyota import style fuel rails. These are HIGH IMPEDANCE*so they*DO NOT require the use of a resistor box. If you have a resistor box from factory,*removal is necessary.**We are including the proper electrical clips to splice into your Toyota harness if you do not have the EV1 style connector already on your harness.

These are BOSCH design 3 injectors, known for their laser cut 4-hole discharge. They have superior fuel atomization which results in smoother idle, lower emissions, easier tuning, better throttle response, and more power.

At stock fuel pressure (43.5psi/3bar) these injectors will support engines making up*to 225hp.*At 58psi/4bar these injectors will support engines making up to 275hp.

FLOW RATES:
360cc @ 3bar/43.5psi
400cc @ 3.8bar/55psi
440cc @ 4bar/58psi*