Installing bov

Jdace

Hi guys, looking to put in a bov into my 95 gt starlet. The factory one had cracked off the intake pipe due to not having a bolt to hold it down.. Anyway, on my top mount (by intake mini) there is a pipe that has been welded onto it that is currently plugged. Now, by the looks of it there was a previous bov there so choice, the hard works been done for me. I have an adaptor and a radiator hose to connect them together. Now my worry is, being attatched by a hose, is that going to be strong enough? I can imagine it flopping around, surely that cant be good? Also, with the factory bov, what hoses do i need to block? And obviously i need to redirect the little vacuum hose from the intake mani towards the new location, is there any other hoses i need to change around? Thanks guys

Nippon

Member +
Thats pretty much it mate.
Doesnt matter whether you put the BOV before or after the cooler.

Block the hole in the EFI pipe with something (I superglued a 50p piece there), and the vac hose from the inlet mani will go to the BOV in which ever position you choose.
Which ever position you do choose to put your BOV, block off the other hole on the cooler piping.