Insurance difference?

robbo

Member +
Can anyone tell me what the insurance ratings are for both the GT and the Glanza as my friend has a glanza and i've just been quoted for a GT the difference is almost 1k. both male 23 live in the same area 3 years no claims each no points or convictios, only difference is the car. surely there must be a mix up? bearing in mind that insurance in NI is more costly than the mainland however i'm a bit stumped.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
its just how it is for some reason, insurance companys rape people for glanzas, but dont seem so bad for gts half the time

robbo

Member +
without knowing too much about either car at this stage i know that they are generation related and so therefore should only go through the changes of facelift and optional differences. think this is a bit of insurance wizardry??

Adam_Glanza

Member +
exactly to be honest,

theyve got exactly the same engines, with the same power output.

some say the glanzas are slightly heavier to so presumably "slower"

but i dont think so..

neway!

yes for some reason insurance companys see these as a reason to charge more, maybe because there newer, and maybe more sought after for young lads?

robbo

Member +
Haven't got a quote for a glanza yet because the company i'm with don't have it on their books although they are willing to insure me on the GT for under 500 quid a year with all base mods declared like alloys dump valve exhaust but my mates clanza is standard on standard rims and he's almost 1600 quid. was wondering if its a classification issue within insurance companies like when they force high powered cars from road use because of they image i.e cosworth etc

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i think there most be part of that, glanzas must be getting a bad name so there piling on the insurance :(

unfortunately tho it isnt a mistake itll be the same across all insurances

robbo

Member +
i personally thought there might of been an input from the classic insurance branch which may of dropped it but unsure

Lornce

Member +
Glanza's are worth more becasue they are newer so that means the insurance would have to pay out more money if it was in a crash :)

robbo

Member +
but when you complete your insurance details the price is a key factor and some gt's sell for the same region as glanza's. with abs and advanced safety relativley the glanza should be cheaper due to insurance safety ratings which drop costs

rosshana

Member +
The cost of your insurance is also based on how many payouts the insurance companies have already pay out on that particular model, for instance when i was 20, with 3 years no claims i insured a 1995 wrx import with tescos for £700! now im 27, 10 years no claims, no convictions etc... they now quote me £900, (even though now a 95 wrx is worth about £2000) i suppose this is because loads of claims have been made on scoobys.
Also my insurance has doubled from last year on my ep82, last year £230, this year they want £480!!!:flame:

robbo

Member +
i heard the floods hit the english insurance market hard and that could be one of the main reasons. i'd say a lot of people insuring the glanza under a 1.3 starlet then the resulting crashes has prob had an effect on the insurance rating. it seems younger guys are missing the GT and its almost exact perfomance and choosing looks. i'd say a lot of the members on here owning GT's would be 21+

rosshana

Member +
i heard the floods hit the english insurance market hard and that could be one of the main reasons. i'd say a lot of people insuring the glanza under a 1.3 starlet then the resulting crashes has prob had an effect on the insurance rating. it seems younger guys are missing the GT and its almost exact perfomance and choosing looks. i'd say a lot of the members on here owning GT's would be 21+

a friend said the same to me the other day