Insurance for Young Drivers

Idrees

Banned
I've just been getting some quotes online for my Starlet SR, and the cheapest I've found is £2,815 TP only!!

Anybody recommend any insurance companies for young drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Idrees

Banned
Yeah Mike I will be, once I've found someone who will even give me a decent price declared as stock!

Gilly2006

Member +
these for me are the cheapest around, on a GT its 1500 quid tpft. i might be worth a try under your mum/dads name to get your first year, sometimes this is the only way to get started mate!

ChrisGT

Member +
2.5k without anything declared! For an SR!? Thats madness mate! I found that Elephant/Bell/Admiral are the cheapest out there really, but they've given you some shit quotes! Is that TPFT?? Are you putting your parents on the policy ( not fronting, put them as additional drivers) to bring the price down a bit?

Gilly2006

Member +
2.5k without anything declared! For an SR!? Thats madness mate! I found that Elephant/Bell/Admiral are the cheapest out there really, but they've given you some shit quotes! Is that TPFT?? Are you putting your parents on the policy ( not fronting, put them as additional drivers) to bring the price down a bit?

agreed!! but the prices are stupid!! somtimes if you don't have the money you have nothing else to do except front to get started. its ridiculous!

Idrees

Banned
Its not even TPFT mate, just TP.

Thats my name only.

I've just tried to get a quote with my mum as the policy holder who has no convictions and 8 years ncb, but its silly money. £6050 or something!

Edit

Just had a look on www.confused.com but the cheapest I've found is £3,234 which is by Endsleigh again. Thats still TP only on my name!

ChrisGT

Member +
Yeah I can understand! Your 17 with 0NCB right Idrees? Even with that, 2.5k is MAD! Especially for a 1.3 NA. I guess they assume the SR model is quicker, but still. Try putting your parents on the policy (so long as they have a semi-clean license lol) and see if it brings it down at all! Its insane, at 18 with 1NCB I managed to get insured fully comp on a GT for £1400! Madness...

Don't try and put your mum as the policy holder and you as an additional driver, it'll still be stupidly high ! Try it the other way round - you as policy holder and your mum as an additional driver.

goldenvtr

Member +
do it in your name but add your parents as named drivers. it brings mine down still and i dont even live with my mom lol

Gilly2006

Member +
Its not even TPFT mate, just TP.

Thats my name only.

I've just tried to get a quote with my mum as the policy holder who has no convictions and 8 years ncb, but its silly money. £6050 or something!
WHAT!!!!! if you want pm your details and il try and get a decent quote for you mate.

Idrees

Banned
Thanks for your input guys

I will see what its like with my mum as a named driver. Maybe its because of where I live? Bloody hell I didn't know my area is that bad!

Also thanks for the offers guys I'll PM you details :D

Last edited:

Gilly2006

Member +
where you live has alot to do with your quote! my mum got a quote for her glanza from sky, and they wouldn't pursue the quote because of our postcode! its just pathetic!!

Idrees

Banned
Bummer. Might just have to insure it at my uncle's address up in Scotland. I'll be paying pennies that way!! :p :p