Insurance gets right on my tits!

tom_hunt

Member +
Why is it that two weeks ago I got a quote for a Subaru Impreza WRX STI Import for £1234 Fully Comp and now its almost gone up by a grand?

How does that work?

They said that the quote number had ran out already which pissed me off!

Now Iv just lost my deposite on the car!

Great

Tom

Levin-AE111

Member +
Aaaa man that sucks.

Similar thing happend to me when i bought my Toyota Levin, got quoted £900tpft prior to buying it, even had the insurance company save my details on their system, went out bought the Levin, called insurance following day and they said sorry the price is £3500tpft WTF!!

They've got us by the nuts mate. nothing we can do, got us all ways.

Idrees

Banned
That is a pain in the ass. :(

Shop around for more insurance mate. It takes the piss but it's worth it. I saved about £800 from shopping around for a week or so.

tom_hunt

Member +
That is a pain in the ass. :(

Shop around for more insurance mate. It takes the piss but it's worth it. I saved about £800 from shopping around for a week or so.

Yeah, Iv been shopping for awhile now but still carnt beat that price only once when I got £800 dead on tpft but I didnt want to risk it.

I thought £1234 was good for a 21 year old with 2years now claims and fully comp!

Just really pisses me off!

Not only have I lost money but now I have lost the car :(

Tom

Idrees

Banned
Yeah, Iv been shopping for awhile now but still carnt beat that price only once when I got £800 dead on tpft but I didnt want to risk it.

I thought £1234 was good for a 21 year old with 2years now claims and fully comp!

Tom
Don't give in dude, keep looking! Or just to TPFT for now..?

Sean_GT

Member +

Tom

Who did you get the quote of £1234 with mate i would be willing to pay that for an impreza!

skyinsurance

Member +
Hi,

Insurance rates change on a regular basis but that is a big difference. Try some other insurers but bare in mind that Imprezas are one of the highest risk cars to insure in the UK. Our underwriters do not allow us to put them on our car club scheme as they are so high risk.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

tom_hunt

Member +
Who did you get the quote of £1234 with mate i would be willing to pay that for an impreza!

I got the quote off Confused.com the actual company that quoted was Admiral I think. I will just go check.

@Skyinsurance.

Would your company quote me for a scooby? Or am I to young?

Tom

tom_hunt

Member +
@sean_gt

That quote was with E-CAR Insurance. Iv just done another quote for a 2000 plate uk wrx and they just quoted me £974.40 fully comp!

Tom

Sean_GT

Member +
I take it the other high risk car is the Evo

Damn would i fancy one of those but cannot get insured when im 21:(

tom_hunt

Member +

I did a quote for an Evo 4 on confsued.com and was quoted £3000 and sumet then did one for and Evo7 just for a laff and that was £4500 and sumet lol crazy :homer:

Tom

skyinsurance

Member +

Skylines, Imprezas and Evos are all very high risk.. unfortunately a lot of them are driven by idiots who crash and claim and bump up everyone else's premium.

Sky can insure under 25 years olds on Mkiv supras and RX7's but we struggle with anyone aged under 25's on all of the above cars.

y3Lo

Member +
yeah i had a quote off you guys on an s14, was pretty good, but i dont think you could insure me on a scooby type r. doesnt matter anyway, stopper me spending money i dont have :D

Kelly

Member +
Thats very annoying so if you had got back to them within two weeks would they have had to do it for you at that price?

annoys me that without things changing premiums go up slightly or stay same what happened to them going down the more no claims you get? sucks!