# Insurance on an EK9 type R #

essex-ep

Member +
As above guys, im 22 years old, no convictions, 4 years no claims soon to be 5 and im after a reasonably priced insurance quote on a honda civic ek9 typeR, i dont expect it to be silly cheap but so far im getting £1600 up with a stupidly high excess!
Cheers
Ben

lleey2k4

Member +
It's daft insurance on most honda's tbh. I'd like a DC2 teg but insurance for me would be over #2500 23 with 4 years ncb.

superspat

Member +
try elephant and say u do 5000miles a year or so, i was paying £670 for my jdm teg type r last year but i had a another 1 couple months ago and it was just over 1k, it seams all jap imports are getting more expencive to insure, try performance direct, they are a insurance brokers and seam to be good with prices and do al the hard work fo ryou

lingl9z

Member +
Green light insurance quoted me £1100 (mods declared - Exhaust, Filter, Coilys, Alloys) and I'm more than sure Sky Insurance beat it!

y3Lo

Member +
i THINK sky wont insure you on ek9 until your 23, or nearly 23.

Im 23 with 6 years ncb, and paying just under a grand on an ek9, with mods declared.

Matt Glanza

Member +
i got a quote from sky on an ek9 and it was a 70quid more than the glanza.im 23 with 3yrs nc a claim and 6points.just had a quote for a 32gtr of 1300 tpft

lleey2k4

Member +
i got a quote from sky on an ek9 and it was a 70quid more than the glanza.im 23 with 3yrs nc a claim and 6points.just had a quote for a 32gtr of 1300 tpft

You must live in safest place in the country for a quote that cheap 5k for me on just a gts-t im same age with 1 year more ncb.

andybill

Member +
bell were by far the cheapest for me on my ek9, im 23 with 5 years no claims no points etc and was £600....fill your quote with named drivers who are older and preferably female