Intake charge temperature gauge

GTwayne

Member +
I've had similar to that, the ones I used were plain lcd. Only seemed to work for a short time before giving up.

goldenvtr

Member +
I've had similar to that, the ones I used were plain lcd. Only seemed to work for a short time before giving up.

lol ditto, mine lasted about minuets before it fried, but the one in my PC works ace

a better bet is a K type sensor and lcd readout, that still only about 12£ and works great :)

ep82morzy

Member +
that looks fairly good and just looked the sensors are only £4, just noticed that the digital display says it takes 24v DC, will this be ok to take the normal 12v from a car

goldenvtr

Member +
theres a few versions thats the first one i saw for a point of referance, and im pretty sure itll work fine on 12v

ep82morzy

Member +
Awsome,il buy some of these then and make my own kit up.intresting to know what temps I'm getting in this hot weather..and see how much heat soak I'm getting whilst in traffic

weeJohn

Lifer
For that price its worth a go, that type of thermocouple is not very fast acting and its range is huge for what temps it will be reading on the inlet. Not saying it wont be accurate but I dont think it will vary to fast.