integra / ek9 help

DannyBoi

Member +
Probs not best place to post but need some help I fancy a new car and dads said I'm aloud a civic integra / ek9 but I'm not sure if ill get on with one will I hate not having a turbo or will I enjoy it people say there good fun cars and are quick would just like some oppionions on what to do ta guys

gglavin

Member +
black ek9, very nice & quick. great handling, lsd & around 185bhp. in my opinion they are great car.

addz

Member +
I would also struggle choosing one of the two.

But I think I would fall for an integra, i'm sure theres still loads of fun even without a turbo! VTEC:drive:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Tough choice Danny, which teg you looking at? If its a toss up between the DC2 and DC5 I'd go for the DC2 all day, I've driven a DC5 and wasn't that impressed with it. EK9 or DC2 though, too hard to call.

addz

Member +
I'm guessing it's a choice between DC2 as the DC5's are a tad more expensive!

Unless hes got money to play with.

alan_5555

Member +
Probs not best place to post but need some help I fancy a new car and dads said I'm aloud a civic integra / ek9 but I'm not sure if ill get on with one will I hate not having a turbo or will I enjoy it people say there good fun cars and are quick would just like some oppionions on what to do ta guys

I had both, can't really say enough good things about either of them. I prefered the Integra type R from the Civic...don't know why..handling is spot on...they make a fair amount of racket with the oul right foot planted - great fun! a good lot of juice left in both cars past 80 mph

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Im probbaly being bias but would go for what i did and get an EK9 and put ITR engine in. I personally prefer the EK9 but i also love the DC2 so its a close one... Hatch back or coupe thats the question. DC2 is faster out the box for sure.... Thats why civic with ITR engine, very fast car, you would be surprised just how quick it is.... Handling on both cars are pretty spot on too...

EK9 will only make around 165-170BHP MAX on B16B even with basic upgrades, Ive been to dyno meets/seen it for myself so i know first hand. ITR engine will make around 190-200, mine made 200BHP. So ITR engine is a massive upgrade.

Hope that helps in someway.

alan_5555

Member +
Im probbaly being bias but would go for what i did and get an EK9 and put ITR engine in. I personally prefer the EK9 but i also love the DC2 so its a close one... Hatch back or coupe thats the question. DC2 is faster out the box for sure.... Thats why civic with ITR engine, very fast car, you would be surprised just how quick it is.... Handling on both cars are pretty spot on too...

EK9 will only make around 165-170BHP MAX on B16B even with basic upgrades, Ive been to dyno meets/seen it for myself so i know first hand. ITR engine will make around 190-200, mine made 200BHP. So ITR engine is a massive upgrade.

Hope that helps in someway.

some good info there....my ITR made 192bhp with an airbox and that is it. Way impressed with the car, surprised a few people on the morway :haha:

dantheman

Member +
you wont be dissapointed with a dc2 ITR they are very quick cars in stock trim especially in the right hands, handling is pretty much bang on out the box. one thing i will say though is you may get bored if your used to turbo power.. nothing compares to forced induction in my opinion, but vtec is far more fun to drive in comparison to normal N/A engine'd cars.

ek9 are also good but i personally dont like the b16 engine as you have to drive it so hard to get anything out of it. both cars are wicked in stock trim though, both are well put together cars with well designed motor's and remain very reliable even though quite highly tuned from factory

forced induction + vtec is awesome though, best of both worlds. i bought mine with the intention of turbo'ing it, ive had quite a few high powered turbo motors over the years and my turbo dc2 is by far the most fun and enjoyable to drive, and more importantly i find it a pleasure to work on. nothing worse than a car thats a bastard to work on.

Last edited:

DannyBoi

Member +
hey guys basicly im paying for the car but its under my dads traders insurence meaning wot he says gos as insurence for myself is to expensive on any car for now i think its def gna be a teg dc2 im trying to push the old man around to leting me buy one turboed as they seem to cheaper but if he says no it will end up bein one with outa turbo just max amount of mods i can get lol its to my understanding these tegs are built for corners and are spos to be the best handling fwd cars about i just dno if ill get on with a none turbo car i need to find some one to take me out in one!

dantheman

Member +
good luck finding a turbo one mate, and if you do it wont be cheaper than a normal one..

best bet is to get a stock ITR. then go about turbo or supercharging it at a later date if you do happen to get bored with it. also get a JDM one as the uk ones are de tuned.

Derek

Lifer
I got bored of the dc2 type r after about 2 months, tried to get along with it but couldn't. just boring as an everyday car. Ideal track car.

wee-jo

Member +
hey guys basicly im paying for the car but its under my dads traders insurence meaning wot he says gos as insurence for myself is to expensive on any car for now i think its def gna be a teg dc2 im trying to push the old man around to leting me buy one turboed as they seem to cheaper but if he says no it will end up bein one with outa turbo just max amount of mods i can get lol its to my understanding these tegs are built for corners and are spos to be the best handling fwd cars about i just dno if ill get on with a none turbo car i need to find some one to take me out in one!

I know someone selling a turbo'd teg if your interested?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i personally think its good to have a proper experience with the teg type R first as N/A. It really is a pleasure to drive the car hard as it was designed. Then turbo it. Thats just me though, i like to experience the cars first in their natural state.