Intercooler water sprays?

Phil

Super Moderator
anyone using one of the sard kits?
noticed any performance gains?

any particular reason why u dont really read of many people using them?

MJA

Member +
I don't think water is really worth the effort to be honest. won't be any different to driving in the rain!

i want one of those CRY02 cryogenic intake systems from Dave Burwash, with the really cool spray bar!:rockon:

GTti

Member +
I don't think water is really worth the effort to be honest. won't be any different to driving in the rain!

i want one of those CRY02 cryogenic intake systems from Dave Burwash, with the really cool spray bar!:rockon:

I agree, if you're going to do it. Do it properly.

Photo5.JPG

MJA

Member +
i tried to look earlier but i couldn't find it. his forum is a right mess, the parts sections are just thrown in with all the customer questions:homer:

Dust

Fresh Recruit
anyone using one of the sard kits?
noticed any performance gains?

any particular reason why u dont really read of many people using them?

There are alot of subaru people who love theirs. I think it's not something that provides ALOT of cooling, but I think that about 10 degrees C is what some have said. I think that the cost, or lack thereof keeps makes the mod worth what little it costs, if you use it right. It doesn’t help to spray it when you are doing a quick boost, you need to use it before you get on it, or after you have been sitting at a light on a hot day to make good use of it. If it isn’t hot, it won’t work, just like water injection won’t work if you have a huge front mount, and it’s 100% humidity and really cold outside. But it’s cheaper to refill than CO2 or Nitrous, and can get you quite a bit of the benefits.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Not that they will ever know unless your scrutineered which is unlikely on a RWYB day.. ;) We also sell the CRYO kits if you need any more info don't hesiate to ask.

T

Dan3SGTE

Member +
im gona be looking into a kit in the future if i go for more power as my intercooler size is kind of on its limit :( ..... or get a bigger cooler but i'll need a big bumper... which i dont really want to be honest....

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Dan someone like you would be better of with water injection it's not that expensive it's the labour which makes the money..

T

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Dan someone like you would be better of with water injection it's not that expensive it's the labour which makes the money..

T

Do you sell these water injection kits toby? And are they universal? easy to fit? price? sorry for the questions mate.....

TurboDave

Member +
I used a vauxhall corsa water bottle, pump, water lines, and the two front washer jets. I wired it up to my redundant hi-low boost button.

Cost nothing and the laws of physics dictate that it must decrease temperatures.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i just re-routed my left water jet over my tmic and put a screw in the pipe and it sprays a mist ...it works

MJA

Member +
im gona be looking into a kit in the future if i go for more power as my intercooler size is kind of on its limit :( ..... or get a bigger cooler but i'll need a big bumper... which i dont really want to be honest....

whay would you need a bigger bumper? :homer: