Interesting weekend

After going out for a drive to go and see a collection of starlets at a dealer and having my heart set on an ep82 and now have sat on my drive a beautiful ep91 manual in silver. I has few mods just a carbon fibre air filter, kakimoto stainless exhaust, cusco rear strut brace, front strut brace and lightweight alloys. Now i want to get the power sorted. Where would people start and as i am abit of a noob to the starlet scene where can i try and get more power??? what would people start with?
cheers for now
martyn

Kelly

Member +
First mod make sure your car is alarmed ;)

then get some handling mods on there and maybe improve the brakes before you start making her go faster :)

After that make sure you replace the standard manifold if your even thinking of turning up the boost. As the standard mani is restrictive in runner number 3 and cause probs later on at certain boost levels.

Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Right being the noob of all noobs, how do i turn up the boost??? i need to get a bov and am looking into getting a fmic next month. Also would anyone ecommend a good ecu to help make the car quicker. Any ideas or advice is really greatly apprecited as i am really new to all this. thanks again longy

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Right being the noob of all noobs, how do i turn up the boost??? i need to get a bov and am looking into getting a fmic next month. Also would anyone ecommend a good ecu to help make the car quicker. Any ideas or advice is really greatly apprecited as i am really new to all this. thanks again longy
Listen to what kelly posted above, engine wise first mod i tell anyone to do is a aftermarket exhaust manifold, if you just turn the boost up your engine will die soon no doubt about it, have a visit to SPS's section, he has some mild steel manifolds coming out at fantastic prices, then after that get a FMIC and Decat and then maybe consider turning the boost up, do not go past 0.8bar without correct ecu/fueling mods, i recommend a Greddy Emanage piggyback ecu.

Hope this helps and just have a search on the forum theres tonns of pages with all the info needed.