Irish rwd bug!

well ppl I think I've caught the on-going bug in Ireland thats making me want go rwd!:p

what do you's think of this car? - http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/180-SX/BEST-EXAMPLE/931060/

Its mint I know and nice spec to it but is it over-priced? He will take 8500 euro cash and the vrt wont effect me really as I'll be registering it thru North Ireland.

btw I will never be selling the Glanza:p

I just want to experience rwd! And I know the petrol and rear tyres are expensive to keep on these cars but for me it would only be Sunday use.

what you's think of it?

yea but it has never been on Irish roads and Ive seen ones for sale that are already registered in Ireland and taxed/tested and are cheaper but they have been abused over here :(

Its along spin for me to see it but think I might look at it Sunday.
If I got him down as far as 7000 euro then it might be ok!

ill have to see my bank manager after that then:(

Is the registration in Ireland different to the UK sorry for my ignorance? :eek:

yep for that car we would need to pay 1800 euro to register it and because of the new tax (emmisions) it will be about 1200 euro to tax it :(

but i only live a few fields away from the border to northern ireland so i can register it there :p

Elaine

Lifer
You are joking that is ridicules!!! I thought the UK was bad for registering cars and road tax!

But I am guessing you have a way around it??? Does Northern Ireland have the same rules as the UK???

Not that any of that matters sorry just interested. She is a very nice looking car just be careful in the wet ;)

You are joking that is ridicules!!! I thought the UK was bad for registering cars and road tax!

But I am guessing you have a way around it??? Does Northern Ireland have the same rules as the UK???

Not that any of that matters sorry just interested. She is a very nice looking car just be careful in the wet ;)

i would think north ireland would be the same as the UK.
i know a fella bought a sylvia from japan and first he had to MOT it, then get it registered. but i dont know how much the registeration fee is? think its about 100 pounds is it?

Elaine

Lifer
I am really not sure but sure one of the traders on here would be able to tell you. I no if the car is less than 10 years old you have to pay a lot for a SVA thinging but dont think its that much to register...

Go for it Mully;)
The registeration in Northern Ireland is £50 the same as the UK. However you do have to MOT and insure the car before you can register it, you insure it on the chassis number as you wont have a plate yet!!
Christy

gv1.3

Admin
dont you need an address up North to insure it from? even at that be very careful of registering anything up North as the coppers aint as oblivious to it these days.

Nice car though if it was me Id go for one of the older 2.5LTR Supras :) old skool cool and quite cheap.

rickw

Member +
why does everyone tink that you hav to pay crazy road tax on newly regestered cars? It stays the exact same, 100% sure on dis.. They vrt will go up slightly depending on emissions but its nothin crazy.:)

rickw

Member +
why does everyone tink that you hav to pay crazy road tax on newly regestered cars? It stays the exact same, 100% sure on dis.. They vrt will go up slightly depending on emissions but its nothin crazy.:)
Sorry meant to say on newly regestered imported cars..

Dan3SGTE

Member +
you can also get an imported S13 200SX mate.... (near enough certain)

And the CA18DET is not shit... Just suffers from an engine problem think its the cam or something.... I dont remember exactly but if you go all out on it they are not shit engines, Will agree though that the SR20 is a better engine.

By the way, really like it BUT for that money dam there are alot more cars i would choose :)

Last edited by a moderator:
you can also get an imported S13 200SX mate.... (near enough certain)

And the CA18DET is not shit... Just suffers from an engine problem think its the cam or something.... I dont remember exactly but if you go all out on it they are not shit engines, Will agree though that the SR20 is a better engine.

yea didnt really mean to say they are shit but i heard that there problem is that they rev to high for what they are fit for and the bottom end can go but if looked after they are a great engine. the sr20 is much better:p