is my car on it's way out?

i need help,

1. when i am just on a spot and turn my wheel side to side quick i have a nocking noise, dont know what it is.

2. under my car where the gearbox is i have this black and clear oil leaking from the box.
3. when my engine is running on tick over there is a nocking noise coming from the engine.

i have mot next month

and im soo worried.

can anyone help me on these and tell me what you think is wrong?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i need help,

1. when i am just on a spot and turn my wheel side to side quick i have a nocking noise, dont know what it is.

2. under my car where the gearbox is i have this black and clear oil leaking from the box.
3. when my engine is running on tick over there is a nocking noise coming from the engine.

i have mot next month

and im soo worried.

can anyone help me on these and tell me what you think is wrong?

id say 1, is maybe your lower arm, mine was gone when i 1st got my gt, an it was nocking on full lock.
2. possible the gear box seals have gone best bet is too spray loads of brake cleaner all over it too clean it, keepin your eye on it over next couple days too see where its leaking.
3. if its a nocking noise then it could be the bottom end gone, but any car mechanic should know from hearin it running.

id say the only problem for the mot would be the lower arm.

dan

wow thanks for the advice. so if its my bottom end gone can it make any damage if i keep driving? andsterring will the garage cost alot for one of them? what if there is a crack or what ever in the gear box case thing. what do i do?

no i got some tissue and wiped it and its coming right from the bottom of it :mad::(

danb87

wow thanks for the advice. so if its my bottom end gone can it make any damage if i keep driving? andsterring will the garage cost alot for one of them? what if there is a crack or what ever in the gear box case thing. what do i do?

no i got some tissue and wiped it and its coming right from the bottom of it :mad::(

wel its not a good thing too be driving if it is indeed the bottom end. best bet is too call the aa or a local mechanic too pop round an check the noise out.

the steering shouldn cost much i think i paid less that £100 for parts an labour. but again get it checked before you et them too replace anything as its got potential too be something else.

if its a cracked box, i would just pick up a second hand box, not too sure if there repairable when cracked.

but the noise has been going on for ages now and nothing has happend yet,
i need to get all this sorted i can see my car having lots of problems. im so worried. i feel like burning it.

thanks again.

danb87

but the noise has been going on for ages now and nothing has happend yet,
i need to get all this sorted i can see my car having lots of problems. im so worried. i feel like burning it.

thanks again.

just go too a local garage mate, they should be able too help you, if not bring it down my way an my mechanic will check the bits out if you sort him out, obviously.

atleast then it might ease your mind matey