Is the 4e-fte ep82 manual ecu compatible with a 5e-fthe

VQ'ed

Member +
im in the process of building a 5e-fthe HC with the turbo kit i have on my 4e.
electronic-wise, is the 4e ep82 manual tranny ecu compatible with the 5e-fthe sensors.

the kit is : custom manifold t25 flanged, t28/t25 hybrid, 2.5 inch straight exhaust, no cat, 5e ACIS intake manifold, FPR, 440cc's, NEO, aem wideband, wrx fuel pump.

Like the ignitor, dizzy cap, o2 sensor, coolant sensor, all compatible??

mention EVERYTHING that is plausible and correct about the swap.
Id like to have opinions from the people who knows about the swap.
thanks.

fur

Member +
u won't have a problem with electrics, use back all the sensors off the 4efte, ure issue will come with tuning, the NEO cannot tune timing and with a HC 5efhe timing will be the killer, the car will probably fuel well but you will need to run some pretty retarded ignition if you want to run any useable boost.

i am currently running a HC 5efe while my forged engine is being rebuilt and the timing on my car is rather conservative compared to the lower compression build. i am running a standalone ecu which gives alot of control but with the apexi NEO you won't be able to change the dynamic ignition timing and that is where the issue will be on ure build

VQ'ed

Member +
I have access to a e-manage blue. Would it be useful. Can i use it with the apexi to fine tune.
i assume i would have to buy the extra ignition and timing harnesses.

VQ'ed

Member +
what if i move the dizzy cap to retard as much as i can. i can even trim the slots on the dizzy cap sides to give me more. if useful...

fur

Member +
doesn't really make sense messing with the base timing much becuz that is just a start, u will want to leave that at 10 degrees as too much ignition retard builds heat and is actually counter productive as high heat + high compresison = kaboom

the emanage blue can be used to tune both ignition and fuel so the neo won't be necessary.

VQ'ed

Member +
so, ill have to sell the neo and buy that e-blue with the harnesses. im building slowly so when its gonna the time to put it in, ill have everything set up to get it to run fine. i have a friend how runs a 5efe t25 with an e-manage ultimate. ill be more than competent to learn me how to use it.

keep me informed, i appreciate.

some guys set the base timing to range between 0 to 5 degrees...from memory.....

for more info...ask a question on www.tercelonline.com .........they do a lot of 5efhe turbo builds

but to do it properly, as fur stated, u need something proper to tune with (fuel and ignition)...an emanage at a minimum

VQ'ed

Member +
some guys set the base timing to range between 0 to 5 degrees...from memory.....

for more info...ask a question on www.tercelonline.com .........they do a lot of 5efhe turbo builds

but to do it properly, as fur stated, u need something proper to tune with (fuel and ignition)...an emanage at a minimum
-----
thanks. i tried to get on tercelonline but after my subscription, they sent me an e-mail than doesnt link the proper way. i type in my nick and login password but it doesnt work. Also you guys have a more respectful way to discuss what the other people intend to do. You guys have simpler way to explain and approve-or-not. i prefer, even if it takes longer, to discuss with you guys. ill contact LOKI, here in Montreal how knows a thing or two in 5e's.
thanks.
----
i remarked on the cam gears, timing marks for 4e and 5e have different notches. i assume ill be buying e-manage soon.

when using the 4efte ecu to run the 5efthe build....a lot of us over here use the "4E" cam mark to set base timing up

and no worries boss....where ever u feel more comfortable .....its cool:cool: