is there such thing

driving on motorway this morn and noticed boost dropped ....
(normally runnig 0.9bar) noticed when foot flat to floor at 80mph it would only boost to 0.7bar

really all i want to know is there such thing as negative boost creep ?!

Dave.

Member +
caused usually by a boost leak or your actuator being on its last legs.

Boost leak would cause it to drop, as you can't feed the engine enough boosted air to maintain 0.9bar (given its a tiny leak)

If it isn't this, it'll be the actuator spring being on its last legs, causing it to open the wastegate mroe than it should, giving this boost loss up the top of the rev ranged.

I'd bet on the actuator, but i'd check the boost piping for any leaks too.

Dave

cheers dave
very helpful, well its a fairly new hks actuator, did noticed tonight does sound a bit more spoiley than usual, think turbos on its way out nice bit of oil in pipes ... time to hybrid me thinks

Dave.

Member +
No bother mate :)

If its an actuator from HKS it should be fine for a LONG time, was really just incase it was stock, they're so poor once you start to modify!

If it sound a bit more 'spooly' (if i read that right) then i'd bet on it being a small boost leak, i'd check all intercooler piping, and where the piping joins the turbo (just behind the radiator) and in particular all of the smaller diameter piping (for the map sensor, boost solenoid and dump valve etc ;)

If it isn't any of that, then its gotta be the tubby giving up, especially with oil in pipes :(

Still, when it breaks, uprate! Hybrid will be lovely ;)

Dave