is this a problem? or just me?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i fitted my j performance fmic yesterday, too my ct9 setup.all clamps are nice an secure n everythings back together, but... when i drive there seems too be a whistling noise.

is that due too the change of intercooler? or isit boost leak?

me an my mechanic cant figure out why it making that noise. so any help might put my mind at ease, an also will be repped

thanks

dan

Paul147

Member +
it does sound like a slight boost leak to me pal, i have one of these front mounts on and when i start from cold i get like a whistley noise but only when cold, i was thinking cracked many there maybe? Is yours all the time or only when cold?

danb87

it does sound like a slight boost leak to me pal, i have one of these front mounts on and when i start from cold i get like a whistley noise but only when cold, i was thinking cracked many there maybe? Is yours all the time or only when cold?

its only when i accerlerate, i thought at 1st that my efi pipe myta been loose but its not so im a lil confused!

Paul147

Member +
any chance do you have your dumpvalve blocked of? maybe the pipe your suposed to put the screw into, think that happened in my previous glanza,

danb87

any chance do you have your dumpvalve blocked of? maybe the pipe your suposed to put the screw into, think that happened in my previous glanza,

dump valve is working ok mate, its still dumping fine.:confused:

Paul147

Member +
the only thing i can really advice is triple check all the pipes and clamps on the intercooler etc, hope you get it sorted mate

danb87

the only thing i can really advice is triple check all the pipes and clamps on the intercooler etc, hope you get it sorted mate

will check agen tomoz, not happy lol rep given lad

any other advice peeps

lingl9z

Member +
As they've all said, make sure the seal between the turbo and hot pipe is tight, I had this problem when i had my gt, seems the like gasket that sits between the turbo had cracked.

Too rule other parts out get some Pvc and tape up/over lap each rubber hose on the ic one at a time and when it stops you've found your bone! =]

danb87

As they've all said, make sure the seal between the turbo and hot pipe is tight, I had this problem when i had my gt, seems the like gasket that sits between the turbo had cracked.

Too rule other parts out get some Pvc and tape up/over lap each rubber hose on the ic one at a time and when it stops you've found your bone! =]

lol is that the only solution? too finding out why

lingl9z

Member +
Nope but its a way i used when it was frustrating me, as stu said the DV could be leaking also, or even the pipe leading to it!

danb87

Sure the dump valve ain't leaking? giving the whistling like, what dv is it?

its a baileys one mate an the pipe lingz was also check mate, i might have too give that a go tho but dont wana make it a mess lol

lingl9z

Member +
bailys are notorious for leaking mate, take the DV off and block the hole on IC and see if you get the same problem.