Is this repairable.

Derek

Lifer
Well basically i was swopping the spoiler from one bootlid to the other turns out it was a nightmare to get off. Resulting in me doing this basically i want to know can it be repaired? its snapped the whole way through. annoyed doesn't explain it.Its forced my hand to go spoilerless for a while.

P010809_1842.jpg

P010809_184202.jpg

P010809_184402.jpg

P010809_184601.jpg

P010809_184502.jpg

P010809_1846.jpg

Corey and mike you could be onto something with the spoilerless idea.

dac69er

Super Moderator
epoxy resin it together then fill and smooth the crack and respray is your best bet mate.

or keep it spoilerless. put and n/a bonnet on if you have a front mount then you will have the sleeper look ;)

Derek

Lifer
yes it i dont worry about it - fibreglass, sand and repaint ;):)

Cheers dude my dad was saying it couldn't be fixed resulting in an argument bad time to be saying that to me was well pissed. have to get my bumper repaired so ill give them the spoiler aswell.

Derek

Lifer
epoxy resin it together then fill and smooth the crack and respray is your best bet mate.

or keep it spoilerless. put and n/a bonnet on if you have a front mount then you will have the sleeper look ;)

Cheers dude it will be grand then there would be no chance of the crack showing through again. haha could be on to something there id say a few people might get a shock coming up behind me without the spoiler.

madman

Member +
it will prob cost ya about €150 as i had a similar problem before and cost roughly that much so id say the same.. unlucky so ya were

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
What i would do is put a bit of re-enforcement into it aswell, like apoxy a steal or wooden rod into it aswell.

Derek

Lifer
it will prob cost ya about €150 as i had a similar problem before and cost roughly that much so id say the same.. unlucky so ya were

Cheers man geting a price tomorrow on my bumper repair so ill ask about the spoiler too, yea had most of it off was real careful one corner stuck on said it should lift no problem CRACK!!

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
:pleave the spoiler off i hate scoobys with spoilers there too common i think its looks savage with no spoiler and lowered ,, just my 2p:p

gv1.3

Admin
Cheers dude my dad was saying it couldn't be fixed resulting in an argument bad time to be saying that to me was well pissed. have to get my bumper repaired so ill give them the spoiler aswell.

lol ... thats what fathers are there for!! just when you least want to hear it they say all the wrong things!

Derek

Lifer
lol ... thats what fathers are there for!! just when you least want to hear it they say all the wrong things!

Lol you have no idea the amount of arguments man.He is always asking what does that do? whats the point of this and that? if he only knew.

gv1.3

Admin
oh I have every idea :) my father will begin quietly watching from a distance... he will gradually get closer and start giving advice... you will go in for a slash and come back out and he in under the car lashing something with a hammer.

GT_Irl

Member +
oh I have every idea :) my father will begin quietly watching from a distance... he will gradually get closer and start giving advice... you will go in for a slash and come back out and he in under the car lashing something with a hammer.

haha....x2! lol!