jacking up car with toms bodykit? :s

tomgt106

Member +
hi guys, bought my gt turbo with full toms kit and the side skirts always get pushed up when i jack it up and causes the paint to crack..any tips?

cheers!

drive her onto a few wooden blocks before you start jaking her up and just keep adding more blocks till ya jack dont touch the side skirts :)

JohnOBrien8

Member +
drive her onto a few wooden blocks before you start jaking her up and just keep adding more blocks till ya jack dont touch the side skirts :)
id say he means put a few wooden blocks onto the jack?this way they will be touchin the car but as you jack it up you should still have enough clearance that you wont touch your skirts!:)

GTnomez

Member +
As Craig suggested. Use wooden blocks on the jack but make sure that they are stable when in contact with the chassis

Mike_ep91

Member +
you could use the wood on the actuall jack but i ment drive the are onto blocks of wood so it raises the car up b4 u start jacking

Thats what I thought. My car is really low aswell and I drive the car onto some wood in order to raise it up so i can get a jack under neath it to jack it up without hitting the sideskirts.

string gt

Member +
are the skirts not bonded on? I had same problem. Now i jack under rear suspension on the rear beam till i can get a jack under. Mines to low to get any jack under even wit a super low trolley one. Price we pay to look home :)

zee20

Member +
guys the way i jack my car is easy, drive the front onto 1 brake disk and jack it up, works all the time and side skirts are clear from any damage.