jam ecu

ep91loveit

Fresh Recruit
hi there guy...
i currently own a glanza v and at the moments i am just getting all the bits i needed together for a td04 converstion. i bought the car about a year ago and it came with a jam ecu, now you've probably answered this before but would a jam ecu provide sufficient fueling when the tdo4 is fitted, if i set the the boost at 0.8 bar. i pritty new to the tunnig game so all reply's would be much appreciated thank you
kyle

Chris@CCM

Member +
ted of the site is runing a jam ecu and it fuels his td04 on the rich sde at .95 bar . pm him just to be on the safe side . also rember all jam ecus are maped 4 diffrent mods

froshtyv

Member +
hi there guy...
i currently own a glanza v and at the moments i am just getting all the bits i needed together for a td04 converstion. i bought the car about a year ago and it came with a jam ecu, now you've probably answered this before but would a jam ecu provide sufficient fueling when the tdo4 is fitted, if i set the the boost at 0.8 bar. i pritty new to the tunnig game so all reply's would be much appreciated thank you
kyle

Mine runs quite rich at higher revs at 0.9 bar,

I used the SAFC to take away some fuel.

Still runs a small bit rich as i get a puff of smoke and a pop every ime i change gear.

this is the only way to know for sure----take it and get the car checked (rolling road or dyno tested) and then the air fuel ratios will tell u.........the jam ecu has worked for several set ups before......BUT u need to see where yours stands in relation to your mods......

your engine is not something u want to be playing around with......and a dyno run does nto cost much at all..........dont be so quick to sell the jam,,,,,,they dont come easy or cheap..........get emanage IF the jam is not doing the job after u get it tested

GlanzaLad

Fresh Recruit
Your best of leavin the piggy back systems i dont think the e-manage wouldnt be efficent enough either, I think you'd need to go for a Power FC at the least,

If you have the money go for a

Hydra or Motec

aaronw

Member +
im in the same situation,i got a td04 kit on the way and im runnin a jam ecu,was considering runnin the emanage blue (i got) on the jam.

good idea?

im in the same situation,i got a td04 kit on the way and im runnin a jam ecu,was considering runnin the emanage blue (i got) on the jam.

good idea?

not a bad idea at all.....the jam has better fueling /ignition that the oem unit......and combined with the emanage it would be a nice package (as fuel cut, speed cut, higher rev limit, etc. have all been taken care of by the jam unit)......i beleive less tuning would be required than with oem ecu also

however saying that,,,, u might get the same results from the oem unit and emanage .....once its tuned properly,,,but i figure a bit more tuning may be needed

my theory is,,,if u already have the jam ecu....go right ahead and tune the emanage on it.........IF u need some extra cash and have your oem ecu, u can sell the jam and tune on the oem ecu and still get a good result......but personally prefer the jam:p