Jam fcc with rrfpr setup

After-Glanza

Member +
Just want to know how well this will work in comparison to the hks fcd on a rrfpr setup. I understand that the hks is a different type of fcd and the jam one is a clamp style fcd that dosen't lean out fuelling over the entire rev range but will the jam be able to work well and get the fuelling spot on at a bar of boost. cheers

glanzanut

Lifer
will work fine bud! you obviously wont get the kind of tune u would have with managment but rrfpr will do fine.:freddy:

Glanza_cl

Member +
as above will be fine as long as set up right on a rr or wideband.

you might find it will run quite rich through the revs once setup but thats just what the jam fcd's do.

ChrisGT

Member +
I think with the JAM units it would run pretty rich off boost being a clamp-type FCD. Saying that I had my car setup with a JAM FCC and FPR and the tuner said it was rich, but not dangerously so.

I am now going to get the car setup with a HKS FCD. I made 160bhp and 180lb/ft at 1Bar on the previous setup, so be good to see what I make now!

TO82

Member +
IMO as the jam fcd and actuator were usually sold as a package to run 1 bar, i think that with all suporting mods such as mani, fmic etc a Jam fcd will run 1 bar on a ct9 fine (obviously get the AFR's checked) without a RRFPR, on just standard fueling parts :eek: :haha:

After-Glanza

Member +
Yea i was worried bout it running too rich because of it being a clamp type fcd. i think i may go with the hks even though ive been offered a jam by a friend for pretty cheap as im sure i can get a better tune due to the hks having the same effect over the entire rev range rather than just above fuel cut. cheers for your help.

Spoonz

Member +
jam one for me and i have a HKS lol
the hks give high egts but at the end of the day your gonna run rich of boost on both cause of the rrfpr