Japspeed blitz-eqsue exhaust - any good ?

dmw_86

Member +
Hi everyone,

I've not made a huge amount of posts on here as I've been lucky to have no real issues with my starlet since buying it, and have just been lurking reading info.

Anyway, my rear exhaust hanger snapped on the way to work today, and while doing a quick zip tie repair to get it somewhat supported, a quick prod at the backbox/mid section joint made a nice hole - the price for a mid steel Trust exhaust is that it has gone all rusty.

I've been looking about for a replacement full stainless system. I can't really afford a full blitz or hks system, but have seen Japspeed make a nur spec r copy (I think Dave B sells these, as does Camskill).

Does anyone own one and have any input on quality or strength over a longer period of use? I see Japspeed mani's & decats don't have a particularly good reputation for strength. Should I steer clear of their exhaust too, and just try and hold out for something more expensive?

Cheers in advance for anyone that can give some input!
Sooner rather than later would be handy as I need to order this week before the whole system falls off my car :haha:

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have one fitted and its great. fooking loud, but fitment is v.nice and i cant see it being any weaker than any other exhaust jap or otherwise.

for the price mate, you wont do much better. if you get one you will see the quality is very good.

WillGT

Member +
had mine on for about 10 months or so now and i have to say its a good exhaust system all round, looks great even now still like new, makes a great noise and just sits good, i think for the money you will be pleased with it.

dmw_86

Member +
Cheers for the input guys.

From the photos it looked pretty well put together. I'm not such a fan of big noise exhausts, but it seems to be pretty much unavoidable with most aftermarket exhausts !

I expect I'll pick one up this week then. I just wish the tip was a little smaller, 4" seems a bit overkill on a small car like a starlet :p

kieran.s gt

Member +
Cheers for the input guys.

From the photos it looked pretty well put together. I'm not such a fan of big noise exhausts, but it seems to be pretty much unavoidable with most aftermarket exhausts !

I expect I'll pick one up this week then. I just wish the tip was a little smaller, 4" seems a bit overkill on a small car like a starlet :p

theres a bung included that you can put in it reduces the noise alot

dmw_86

Member +
Oh right, I hadn't seen any pics of that, though that'd make sense given the hole in the tip.

I guess I will have to see. The Trust system that came on my car has a tip about 4", but the massive rear silencer keeps it fairly quiet. Having a roar will take some getting used to.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
it is a very good system, i have had mine on the car for a few weeks now and i can't fault it

dmw_86

Member +
Cheers for everyones input. I almost ordered one up, but then I thought f**k it, and bought an HKS silent hi power instead :D

Quite a big price difference, but after a fair bit of drama getting the old one off the cat (sodding rusty bolts), the hi power went on easy peasy.