Japspeed Exhaust System

rb69

Member +
Just had a Japspeed exhaust system fitted and replaced my Apexi N1 system when the back box came away from the rear pipe. For anyone wondering wether or not to get one, go for it! It is more responsive than the Apexi system throughout the rev range, torque seems better and it also sounds better. Supposedly a copy of the Blitz Nur Spec, either way it looks and sounds good. Just thought I would share my findings. :D

ktl

Member +
yeah i find them a good system, however does knock under the handbrake cables. a few heatwraps sorted this problem :)

rb69

Member +
I've not heard mine knocking so far but will bear that in mind if it does knock. Is yours a Glanza or GT?

what size is this exhaust system? i read it has mandrel bends, but are there any restrictions in the system at all?

anyone has any pics of the actual system they bought?

dac69er

Super Moderator
no restrictions. its 2.5 inch, then goes up to 3 inch and then to the backbox which has a 4 or 4.5 inch outlet. check the ebay advert, gives a better explaination

ryan-11

Member +
Mines has a restriction right at the front of the system, where it meets the downpipe, its only 2" im gona cut it out and replace it with a bit of 2.5" pipe

dac69er

Super Moderator
Mines has a restriction right at the front of the system, where it meets the downpipe, its only 2" im gona cut it out and replace it with a bit of 2.5" pipe

odd, my ep82 one doesnt? tbh 2" isnt exactly a restriction unless your running a bigger turbo.

ryan-11

Member +
I dont know why they done it? its only about an inch thats 2" then it goes to 2.5", Yeah if i was running a ct9 i would just leave it.

I dont know why they done it? its only about an inch thats 2" then it goes to 2.5", Yeah if i was running a ct9 i would just leave it.

my blitz one has this 2 but my sard k26 downpipe is 2" so there is no restriction
my old blitz decat for my ct9 was also 2"

dac69er

Super Moderator
my thinking is that as long as the cross sectional area of the exhaust impeller + the wastegate opening isnt larger than the exhaust diameter then you should get no restriction!?

i suspect that the slightly smaller section is to allow the stock downpipe fitment to be retained

i'm not sure how easy it would be to have 2.5" piping and keep the stock downpipe flanges---there maybe marginal room to fit the 3 bolts/nuts

Ted

Member +
got a couple o these sitting about- really nice piece of kit. notice impressive width of midsection

001qji.jpg

By tedtiler at 2011-07-28
002pnz.jpg

003bsy.jpg

005udi.jpg
004tyh.jpg

Last edited:

addz