JE pistons

eoinnova

Fresh Recruit
i can get my hands on a set of JE pistons for a ep91...
brand new in box with JE stamped on the actual piston,
can i run them in a internally stock engine with stock toyota rods??

u can fit them but its a costly job u be better throwing in forged rods while ur in there .also ud need ur engine stripped first to see that u dont need slightly bigger pistons in case ur bores are oval

eoinnova

Fresh Recruit
u can fit them but its a costly job u be better throwing in forged rods while ur in there .also ud need ur engine stripped first to see that u dont need slightly bigger pistons in case ur bores are oval

Yes well my engines out of my glanza because got a lsd gearbox and said f*K it ill take the engine out and clean it!! and im taking head off to get ported, polished etc, painting the block..... etc

so you reckon get the forged rods while its stripped??

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Yes well my engines out of my glanza because got a lsd gearbox and said f*K it ill take the engine out and clean it!! and im taking head off to get ported, polished etc, painting the block..... etc

so you reckon get the forged rods while its stripped??

lad i wouldnt be putting any standerd bore forged pistons into your engine lad unless you want it to sound like a disel car ,,thats why that lad is selling them on donedeal to much piston slap hes going bigger bore from what ive been told ,,stay clear of them

yes strip it and make sure that the pistons ur away to buy are def what u need cause they prob wont be . get some scat or pouter rods and all the other items thats needed i.e arp bolts gaskets shells big end bearing etc is a costly job

eoinnova

Fresh Recruit
lad i wouldnt be putting any standerd bore forged pistons into your engine lad unless you want it to sound like a disel car ,,thats why that lad is selling them on donedeal to much piston slap hes going bigger bore from what ive been told ,,stay clear of them

thanks for advice , i knew he was talking sh1t, just taught id look in to it.

eoinnova

Fresh Recruit
yes strip it and make sure that the pistons ur away to buy are def what u need cause they prob wont be . get some scat or pouter rods and all the other items thats needed i.e arp bolts gaskets shells big end bearing etc is a costly job

thanks im gona look into geting the right kit (everything i need) and find out how much it costs...

richglanzav

Member +
go to one of the traders on here instead mate much more reliable. like nick, ricky, or dave or someone. they all do packages of forged rods and pistons.