Job Opportunity - Ireland

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all, these guys send me some decent jobs from time to time so thought I would post this up in case it suits anyone, the money is not great but it might suit someone.

Hi Dylan,

Role: Snr UNIX Sys Administrator Entertainment Industry
Salary: €50,000 - €65,000

My client is seeking a highly experience and motivated Senior UNIX Systems administrator. This is a great opportunity to work in a large enterprise environment working with all the leading and most up to date technologies. This is a very exciting role which will be challenging and varied.

The role will involve:
Supporting, maintaining and developing the companies UNIX systems
Taking responsibility for the systems and business applications
Building software and servers on a regular basis
Making recommendations for the configuration and maintenance of all the systems

Requirements:
A minimum of 6 years in a similar environment and role
Exceptional interpersonal and communication ability
Expert UNIX knowledge (Solaris / AIX /RedHat / CentOS)
A degree in IT or equivalent qualifications
Apache Webserver
Systems Security, Checkpoint Firewall
Experience with large e-commerce systems is essential

A superb package is on offer as well as a fantastic opportunity for career progression. If you are interested in this role please send in an updated CV to me a.moran@computerfutures.com or call me on 01-8883444 to discuss this opportunity further.

*Please feel free to forward this role on to a friend or colleague if you feel they would be interested*

With regards

Adele Moran

Computer Futures
3rd Floor
80 Harcourt Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

Phone 00353 1888 3444
email a.moran@computerfutures.com

gv1.3

Admin
6 years experience as a snr unix systems admin... more than being good with PC's :) This position would have been a 80k a year position three years ago, might suit someone out of work at the moment.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
over the past couple of years, ive been in an out of jobs, found nuffin permanent enough. one thing that really gets too me is when a jobs advertised, "previous experience prefferd but not essential as full training will be given" then when you contact them they ask you about experince an when you say im new too it they say well were looking for some one with previous experince.

how the hell do you gain experince if they wont give anyone without it the job?

really gets too me that.

as for that job, if only i had experince on computers lol

gv1.3

Admin
Yeah thats tough Dan, its hard to get the experience if no one will give you a chance to start. The problem is though if you get a junior role to just learn the ropes the money is usually absolutely abysmal, you are basically working for experience.

For anyone interested in moving in to something unix admin based etc, if you have some sort of discipline it is all free to download and install. Buy a couple of books and learn it yourself. If you can stick to it and get your head around it the rewards tend to be pretty good, unix/linux admins always seem to be in demand.