just back from the rollers...

ALaN

Member +
well i'm just in from a rolling road day at triple h in ayrshire and i'm rather chuffed,
After some hard work from jezza and myself to get my mods fitted before today i got 166.9fwhp/137.9whp and 141.5lbft @ the fly/125.6lbft @ the wheels.
Mods are:
Powerflow cat back
Dave burwash mani
Sps decat
Hks actuator
Relocated air filter
Blitz access ecu
And i'm running 0.8 bar

The lad henry that was doing the runs did say that after a couple of runs it was getting quite bad heatsoak through the standard tmic so thats next to go then i'll maybe turn the boost up a tad.

I just finished fitting the mods this morning before leaving and i'm well impressed with it, it out accelerates my mates fn2 typeR and does not bad at top end against it too! :)

ALaN

Member +
cheers mate i'll txt you that guys number.he said it'll be no problem to set up your fueling, jez is goin back down to get his afrs and duty cycle etc checked on the rollers so your welcome to come along and get yours done at the same time.
Forgot to say i also removed the air con the other night, that pump and its bracket weigh a ton and the difference in fuel consumption is unbelievable!

jezza

Lifer
You'd better be happy with the amount of effort I put in during a few days of mod after mod. Bring on the front mount.

Think one of my wheel bearings is on its way out. Started whining a tad on the way back.

ALaN

Member +
cheers guys and cheers jez for your help, i was looking at the hdi 1s earlier and nearly ordered 1 but i've got a few things to do 1st like another service for starters.i dont think i'm gonna push for crazy power though i'd love a "reliable" 200 horses then focus on getting in to the ground but you know what its like once you get bitten haha.

bucketep91

Member +
cheers alan bud, i baught new gaskets for the full exhaust from the mani back and iv a wee hole in it and that rattling from the exhuast hitting the gear box lol, thats all gettin done next weekend then im gonna get the fueling and fcd set up as soon as.