Just done a turbo rebuilt and boosting 0.7 only without actuator

Ashrafi

Member +
hi all , am newy here, help will be very much appreciated. just done a turbo rebuilt and now boosting 0.7 only even if actuator removed, before rebuilt was boosting at 1.0 bar.

checked all pipings ok.

help

350ep70gr

Member +
hi all , am newy here, help will be very much appreciated. just done a turbo rebuilt and now boosting 0.7 only even if actuator removed, before rebuilt was boosting at 1.0 bar.

checked all pipings ok.

help
Do you have an adjustable actuator? What you mean with removed actuator? As if you removed it the wastegate port will go open and will built no boost.
If it is an adjustable one try to readjust it or it is probably a leek on the big o-ring arount intake casting of the turbo if no other leak.

Chris

azerty

Supermoderator
^^^as it has been said above, if actuator is removed, you'll have to make sure something keeps the wastegate door closed then. otherwize it won't boost much. if by "removed" you mean you have removed boost lines goind to it, then you would still need to make sure your wastegate door is fully closed. if that wastegate is not closed properly, you'll get uge lag an low boost

are you sure you have no boost leak in IC piping ? how have you checked this ?
I had that problem ones, it ended to be the trottle body which wasn't tighten properly. make sure you check your entire boost route to the engine

Ashrafi

Member +
its a CT9 , problem resolved, it was the wastegate that was stuck. now am boosting right at 1bar and the car feels a loss on power.

dark_knight

Member +
loss of power?

@ Ashrafi: you said you are boosting to 1bar and that the car feels 'a loss of power' - i'm guessing you meant to say 'a lot of power'..?
anyway, if you are boosting to 1bar on the ct9 then you are running it pretty close to it's efficiency envelope so it may be starting to blow hot air.. literally.. :)

Ashrafi

Member +
i mean the car was pulling well b4, but i seems that it has lost torque,it does not kick you in the back anymore even at a bar of boost, this is driving me sick.:mad: